⟅ Chapter 01 ⟆ Unknown's Beginning

NATALIE DAVIS
JANUARY 1, 1990

I put the last swipe of my lipstick on my lips before closing the cap and placing it onto my dresser. I rubbed my lips together so each lip can be covered in the same amount of lipstick. I opened my mouth checking if there was any lipstick on my teeth; which wasn't there. As i checked my self out in the mirror the doorbell rang.

"Natalie! C'mon, your friends are annoying!" My older sister Kiana shouted from downstairs. 'No bitch you're annoying' I said in my head. I backed up from the mirror and grabbed my Walkman and some tapes. I slipped them into my Nike Windbreaker and placed the headphones on my ears. I grabbed my wrist cast and slipped it on before leaving my bedroom and closing the door.

"Ma! I'm leaving!" I said as I stood by my parents door waiting for a response.

"O-Okay baby....–Fuck Jerry!" She said and my face scrunched up in disgust. My parents are always fucking every hour of the day. If they aren't doing that they're arguing about simple shit.

"Ew Nasty asses" I said as I walked away and made my way downstairs meeting Kiana sitting at the table eating bacon.

"Took Ya ass long enough. Tell them to stop ringing the damn bell!" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut the fuck up damn! You're not my momma and they only rung it once" I said as I grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge.

"Stop talking to me like that." She growled.

"Or what? I'll knock ya ass out. Big sister or not" I said.

"Just because you knocked 25 people out doesn't mean you can beat me" She said and picked up another piece of bacon chewing it quite loudly.

"One of those 25 people are you. Now stop talking to me or else imma be even more late" I said as I walked passed her. When she wasn't looking I took her plate of bacon and ran out the house. I ran to Bianka's car and hopped in.

"Drive!" I said while laughing as I saw Kiana walking towards the car. Bianka pulled out of the driveway and drove down the block.

"You stay messing with her." Desire said and I rolled my eyes.

"And? Mind ya fucking business." I said out of pure annoyance. This bitch is always saying some shit like damn. She lucky I like being her friend.

"Calm down!" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. B can you turn the heat up?" I said to Bianka as I shivered. She turn on the heat and continued to drive. I pulled out my Walkman and placed Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' album into the slot and closed it. I pressed play and relaxed as the first song came on. I was munching on some bacon as someone tapped me. I looked over and saw my best friend Princess next to me. I paused the song and pulled my headphones off before speaking.

"Oh shit, Hey Pri." I said calling her by her nickname as I dapped her up.

"Nun' much just excited that we might be the next big thing" She said smiling. Me, Bianka, Princess, and Desire are in an all girl singing group. We decided to take it to the next step and get signed to a label.