‡ Chapter 13 ‡

Plus, I sprained my ankle in soccer and can’t do gym or go to track practice. It sucks and I was depressed so I couldn’t find the motivation to write.

Warning: NOT EDITED! It’s 2am and I’m tired and I have school tomorrow so hold it in, you Grammar Nazis and Repetitive Word Freaks!

Awesome song at the side by Pharrell Williams ft. Miley Cyrus (it’s the Red Bull #GivesYouWings 2014 commerical song haha)>>>

PLEASE VOTE (UNO CLICK!!)

Here yer go, kids!

Bottoms up! 

‡‡†††

My mouth was lost. 

No, I didn’t need a map.  It was just gone.  Why had my conscious brought me here? 

I stared numbly at Levi, blinking like a set of dysfunctional Christmas lights.  On.  Off.  On.  Off. 

I sound retarded now. 

“Jess,” he spoke, annoyed. 

I cleared my throat and rummaged for the reason I came here.  I hardly noticed him advance a step, examining me closely.  “I-I think I’m ready,” I blurted. 

He frowned and manoeuvred around his desk, dropping into his chair.  He flipped through papers and frowned deeper upon some pages.  “Ready for what, darling?” 

I closed my eyes, took a quick breath and announced, “For my test.  I think I’m ready to be a Seducer.”  His eyes never left the paper, and for a moment, I thought he hadn’t listened.  My teeth nervously grinded.  “Levi?” 

He paused and looked up.  “You think?  You think you’re ready?” 

I straightened my spine.  “No—”

“You said, ‘I think’, darling.  Don’t lie.”  He avoided my gaze, fondling with the papers again.  “You’re not ready.” 

Anger bubbled in my chest, fists balling to my side.  I swallowed a foul response, and responded coolly, “No.  I’m ready.  I know I am.” 

He picked up a pen and signed a few documents.  “You had doubt walking into this room.  I don’t accept doubt.  You’re not ready and that’s final.” 

A flaming sensation flashed across my arm.  I scratched it vigorously, stimulated by my outrage.  Suppressing the fire never felt so painful.  “You’ll never trust me, will you?”  He stopped writing.  Noting I had pressed a button, I harshly put the icing on the cake, “Will I ever be part of your family?” 

That was the lottery winning question.  Did he even want me here?  I knew the Council wanted some use of me or else I’d be dead.  But did he want me here?  It pained me to think he didn’t care.  Yet it pained me even more to note I actually desired him to care.  I had never fallen for someone—not because I was cocky, but because there was no one to fall for.  The only boy I chilled with was Isaac, and he was anyone but someone to fall for.  He was friend zoned.  Being attracted to him would be...incest.  Isaac was a loving brother.  Levi was... oh.  Like those hipsters say, #rookiesonloveproblems.  Sometimes I wished I had a boyfriend before so I could have some experience in the romance field. 

I studied his hard face, anxiously pending his response.  “Well?” I asked again, my tone bitter.

He threw the pen down which made my shoulders stiffen.  He looked up, fury sparking across his honey eyes.  “Jessie.  I want you to be part of my family.”