Twenty-Sixth Letter

Dearest S,

When I told that I'm going to the funeral it meant my grandfather's funeral. He died... liver cancer. I... I didn't know that he is drinking. All I know is that he is smoking and when I told him about the dangers of smoking, he stops it because of what I told him. If I had known that he is alcoholic I should've stop him but I didn't because I don't know all of this. My family knew about this and they did not tell me. They kept it as a secret. I'm crying so hard and had to stay in that house in the city. The house where we previously lived with my family. I remember all those happy memories with my grandparents from I was a kid until I became a college student. He was always there for me. Whenever we visit him, I drink his coconut juice and my grandpa will always make my favorite dish. He even lets us eat the chocolates from my aunt in America and then mom will scold us then grandpa will scold mom. 

 I remember that every morning, grandpa will go out to buy breakfast for us, which include bread (pandesal) and porridge (lugaw). Every lunch, he loves to cook Pinakbet (Ilocos dish) and when he saw not eating the bitter gourd (ampalaya) in pinakbet; he literally forces you to eat it even if you don't like it. Every snack time, we always buy pizza or sometimes we will go to him to ask money to buy our favorite snack which is sometimes ginataang halo-halo, pancit palabok and turon but sometimes we go to the bakery to buy bread since it is a walking distance to us and then we will buy a coke... And we're all happy because we already have our snack. I remember that me and grandpa were fighting over the television, over the sofa and over the electric fan. Yeah laugh... its really funny.

I still remember everything that me and my family done with grandpa. The funny moments and more. I miss my grandpa. He is the closest grandpa I ever had.

Bye for now...

I'll be back soon....

I just need space to clear and move on from this...

Your ex-best friend,

M