Note/ PREVIEW

Hi, I've been planning out a second book to the IRISH TATTOOIST. 

There are also some people who have been criticizing the way Corin does or 'doesn't receive help. Here are a few pointers: 

1. Therapy or institutional help as the main form of help for individuals is culturally biased. Of course there are a lot of people that are POC and get therapy etc, but that does not change the fact the institutional therapy (paid for specialists etc) are a form of treatment that is seen as universally applicable when in reality different cultures seek healing from different means. As a POC myself who is also white passing, I find a lot of my solace in group and family and therapy is something I have tried and not liked, no matter how many therapists I went to.

Many of my family HAVE PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED therapy and the forms we have seen HAVE NOT HELPED. I am NOT saying that therapy is the WRONG choice, just that there are ethnic values and cultural considerations that people need to take into account when they think about what is best for healing. 

If you're white and not clinically qualified in cultural psychology or psychology in general (since those courses do usually include at the very least, a cultural block) Do Not talk to me about what is best for me when you do not understand me or my people. 

2. My own personal past has been revealed in certain ways in this novel. I know I did not say this before, but writing from that perspective and the way she received help has been majorly cathartic. You can not say my book isn't valid when you do not understand my life. The validity of my story is not something to be weighed by people who think they are woke and have not specifically been in my shoes. 

A lot of stories on here invalidate and trivialise personal trauma, romanticising them to create a saviour in the male. The Irish tattooist IS a love story, but ultimately is about a girl who finds a family. Who sought to protect herself while sometimes depending on others. A girl who tries her best to get over her trauma through the one medium that works best for her. 

Just like I did. 

Do not try to invalidate me when you do not have a past similar, or simply do not try to understand that people seek help differently. 

You aren't cool. You aren't smart. You're just a dick. 

Preview of the ANGEL PROSPECT

Corin was happy. Everyone in the club was happy. Hugh had gotten his daughter back, Deadeye got his most favourite person in the world back, and Ripper finally grew big enough balls to propose to her. But most of all, I got my stand-in mama bear back. 

"I don't give a single flying shit about what you want in my wedding Beast, because I'm still thinking about whether or not I want to invite you." Corin exclaimed, throwing a fork at the Greek man. 

I snickered, throwing a shit-eating grin at Beast before resuming listening to Corin and ignoring the glare I felt burning into my shoulders. She ran a hand through her thick hair and sighed, sitting back in her seat. "That fucking Ripper, saying he has club business to do whenever I even approach planning the wedding." 

I was annoyed too. He had proposed to possibly the best woman on the planet- the best person on the planet- and opted out of wedding planning? 

Pussy. 

Ripper knew I mostly didn't like him, barely tolerated him in fact, but seeing the way he made Corin smile was worth his annoying as fuck presence.

Shrugging a shoulder, I pushed forward a sketch I had done for her centerpieces- a low scale hourglass vase with vines twisting around it and white roses blooming all around, fairy lights attached. Usually, biker weddings were rustic, crowded and full of beer, but I knew Corin wanted something low-key, something only a select few would be invited to, and not at all like a standard biker wedding. Corin had been flipping too nonchalantly through wedding magazines, pausing for just a few seconds too long on slightly traditional, fairy light weddings. 

She took the paper, eyes scanning over the rough sketch with a surprised expression that had a flush creeping up my neck. 

"I knew you were good, but I seemed to have needed a reminder!" Corin said, impressed with my work. Her green eyes glanced back up at me as she stuck the drawing in a scrapbook, shaking her head. "Talent. Pure, unadulterated talent."

Ever since she had gotten me that art set for Christmas...I had kinda found my way. Found something I wanted to do outside of being a biker. 

Becoming a tattoo artist. 

I scratched the back of my head, shrugging her compliment off indifferently but secretly pleased with her judgment. She smiled at me in that all too knowing way, when she could sense my feelings but chose not to comment, instead turning back to Bianca, who was making Beast paint her nails. 

"So, what have you been up to these days kid?" 

I paused, looking up at Bianca. It kind of felt wrong just watching Beast paint her nails, mainly because he would kick my ass if he saw me laughing. 

"Piss all. Just helping out dad at his shop sometimes." 

Bianca nodded, glancing over at the work of her lover. She held her hand in front of her face and grinned, a satisfied light coming into her eyes. I could feel Beast's pride from where I was sitting. 

Corin suddenly sat up, cursing. I stood and immediately went over, coming to her side. She looked up at me and something slid into her smile. 

"Ringer- you know the boy from that other gang- he'll be coming here for a few months. He angered someone from another town and needs a sort of safe place to stay." 

Ah. Ringer. 

Corin flicked me on the forehead when I didn't respond, making me jump. "What?"

Huh?