Prologue

ABAGAIL GREY never got along with rules

ABAGAIL GREY never got along with rules. She never liked them and they didn't like her, so they made an agreement. Rules existed for her to break. And her favorite one to break was the 'no tattoos, if so cover' at her sucky school. She had three tattoos all up. One small one on her ankle of a Begonia - the flowers hidden message being that of caution or beware. One across the knuckles written in french "Je T'aime" meaning I love you. And the third on her right shoulder blade of a wreath of roses - for her dead parents.

"Abby, you'll be late for school if you don't stop peircing another part of your body!" Her Aunt March called, walking into her room uninvited to smirk at her niece.

Abagail turned to stare at her aunt, unamused, while she was putting in her earings. "Peircings aren't really my thing," She shrugged, answering her Aunt. Aunt March had dyed raven black hair and crows feet that made her an inviting presence. She also had two sons under the ages of seven.

Abagail on the other hand, had wavy auburn hair and fair skin - face unblemished except for the collection of freckles littering her nose - and her hazel eyes were something she was told were pretty, when she wasn't scowling at everybody.

'Just because you're next in line for beta doesn't mean you need intimidating.' Her aunt told her all the time - even if she herself was a troublemaker in her youth. But being the beta-in-line was no easy task, she still had to help out, learn and train - alongside her best friend - future-in-line Alpha Caden. Caden was two-faced, which kept him out of a lot of trouble unlike Abagail, sweet to adults and a troubling menace everywhere else.

The two were a dynamic duo.

"Bye Aunt," Abagail shot over her shoulder, her leather jacket on, nails painted black and blue skinny jeans she ripped herself. She got onto the bus, wearing her signature scowl. All because Caden, her best friend, couldn't pick her up for school. So instead she was landed on the schools public transport.

People quieted down and sunk into their seat as she stalked past - taking slow steps as if assessing her prey. Everyone eyed her, waiting for her to make a decision. But Abagail kept walking - eyes on the back row.

"Move." she growled, watching the younger werewolves - run off in fear. She now had the back seat all to herself. Smirking in satisfaction, she sat down, staring out at the bus as all went back to normal - as if the schools bad girl didn't sit in the back - as if she didn't have them all in the palm of her hand.

DANIEL wiped his palms on his jeans again in nerves - that had been a close one. Abagail's eyes had thankfully skimmed right over them before taking a seat at the back - thankfully not talking or making a move to attack Daniel. The two had never spoken before - but she had once scratched his row of lockers with three keys - nothing personal. Although it his locker then didn't open for him and he had to have the cleaner do it, which was embarrassing.

"What do you think happened in a girls childhood to make her such a bitch?" Caleb, Daniels only friend, asked - his hair black and messy - blue eyes as wide as saucers.

Daniel adjusted his black thick rimmed glasses, his mother had insisted on getting him, and turned to his friend. "Somebody said a boy broke her heart," He offered, not paying attention as he spent time hoping he wouldn't get a crack in his glasses today. So many times he had been beaten and shoved - breaking his glasses over a million times. An obvious exaggeration.

"More like she broke the boy and nobody knows where the body is," Caleb murmered, the two turning around to stare at the brooding auburn haired girl who claimed the back row of the bus. "Just forget about her - are you going to ask Holly out today?"

Daniels cheeks burned, Holly Hammond was one of the most popular girls in school, Daniel had been crushing on her for half his highschool years.

"I don't know," Daniel admitted - more like I'm not worth it he thought cynically to himself. Daniel sat up straight, running a hand to fix his sandy blonde hair. Holly Hammond had just walked onto the bus. Her blonde hair in two braids and a pink dress on. She was so nice - not that Daniel had had an actual conversation with her. But she hadn't bullied him and that's all that mattered.

"Come on, it's nearly the end of the school year, grow a pair and just tell her," Caleb tried to reason, knowing he had to boost his friends confidence in some way. Caleb was short and stocky, where as Daniel was tall and had barely any muscle - even if he were to try.

"I'll think about it," Daniel mumbled, face burning hotter as Holly walked past him, her bag brushing his shoulder - had she done that on purpose? Daniel hoped so, he wanted Holly Hammond to fall for him desperately. Like she did in his dreams.

DANIEL and ABAGAIL barely thought twice on the others existence. Daniel afraid of her and Abagail not being able to spot the damaged boy in the sea of students. But the twos worlds were going to collide - neither planned for it.

 But the twos worlds were going to collide - neither planned for it