Chapter 34 - Edited Once

He was sitting on his chair, smiling like he had just won a lifetime supply of Oreos. Can't you just be serious for one minute?

"Hello, sweet Ariel." He pulled his hand for me to shake, but I looked away, letting him know I would not put my hand in his. Not ever again.

He broke my trust.

He's the reason I'm studying medicine.

He was the one who cured me of cancer.

Doctor Matthew Ryder.

I felt like crying, but I knew better than anyone that my tears were worth more than him. "Why you?" I asked, still not looking him in the eye. I must say, I'm disappointed and sad. He was like a father who saved my life. Literally!

He arched his eyebrows like he was offended, but I didn't care. "Well, have a seat." He motioned for me to sit on the seat across from his. I thought for a second, then sat. Let me tell you this... I'm not standing anymore. I'm one hell of a lazy cute kidnapped girl.

"How have you been?" he asked with a slight smile. I looked at him and saw that he did not change one bit from our last encounter.

He still had those big brown eyes, curly short brown hair, and those dimples, but he looked older and paler. I felt like my chest was closing in from the bitterness that I felt within. From the sorrow. From the betrayal. "I've been doing great until you ordered the boys to kidnap me," I spat at him with a blank face.

I'll not reveal that I was having fun with the boys and that Jaxon and I are a couple. He could use that against me; I'm not an idiot, crazy girl. I'm Ariel Lee O'Connor!

He grabbed his pen and started writing something on his files. Excuse you? I'm right here, and you're writing? Not today!

I cleared my throat, letting him know I was on the edge of my nerves. "Are you going to tell me why you kidnapped me?" I asked, but it was more like a demand. Well, technically... the boys kidnapped me.

He raised his head and fixed his gaze to look at me. "Nope," he simply replied, returning to his work. That son of a female dog.

I rose from my seat and closed the distance between me and his disk. I banged my hands on the table really hard and glared at him. "You sick bastard, you jerk!" I started yelling at the top of my lungs, and he got alert and leaned further in his chair. I hate him.

~~~

Owen

We were anxiously waiting for Ariel in a nearby room. "Does anybody know why they're taking so long in there?" Jaxon asked, but you could see the anger and worry in his eyes. Awe, he's deeply in love, I know... because she hasn't been there for only ten minutes.

"Jax, relax! She has been in there for like ten minutes. Hold your horses," I calmed him down then we did not say anything else until we heard Ariel's yelling.

"You sick bastard, you jerk!" She yelled like she had never done before, so we stood up and headed to the office like our feet were on fire. She sounds pissed off.

Jaxon was the first to open the door. We saw her grabbing a man's tie. I was positive that he was the boss. He looked kinda normal. I imagined him with yellow teeth, long hair, and tattoos all over his face, but he seemed normal. Let's go back to reality, Owen.

She was about to hit him with her fist but stopped mid-air, turned to us, and smiled. "What are you doing?" Noah asked.

"Oh you know, the normal thing anyone would do when they need answers," she replied in a calm but intimidating tone. Wow, she's scary and serious. That's new. I should always be on her good side.

"Hello boys, how was it with her? You treated her like I told you to, right Jaxon?" he asked while looking at Jaxon. We froze. We all knew what he meant. He ordered us to put her in a small room in the house and not let her out. Like a bird in its cage.

We could not do it because she was so sweet. Girls are delicate flowers. "Yes, we did lock her in the basement. She didn't get out at all." Jaxon lied, but he sounded like he was speaking the truth. He was what you call a smooth liar. She looked at him with raised eyebrows, but then she followed suit.

She had a slight smirk on her face. "They were like shit. I was like a prisoner." She lied when she looked at the boss.

He grinned an evil grin. "Good, now you may leave!" He waved his hand and got back to his work.

"I'm not going anywhere until you tell me why you kidnapped me." She crossed her arms and stood right in front of him. She looks mad. Are girls always that scary?

"Fine, stay here, but I'm not telling you right now because I have something important to do, I'll tell you when I finish it, and it might take days," he stated, and I sighed along with Aaron. Jaxon was stiff and tensed, he could not do anything in front of him, and Noah had a blank expression on his baby face. He looked terrifying.

"Then why did you bring me here?" Ariel asked.

"Because I wanted to see how you were doing, bye-bye." He waved his hand once again then I felt like she was about to pounce on him at any second. I nudged Jaxon's shoulder to let him know it was his cue to grab her and get out of here.

"Come on," Jaxon said after he grabbed her elbow. You know, to make it look real in front of him.

"It better be a good reason," Ariel pointed out before we left his office and headed to the car waiting for us. "Ugh, I hate him! He wasn't like that," she commented while rubbing her temples with her thumbs. We stopped walking and looked at her in confusion.

"Carino, you knew him?" Jaxon asked with raised eyebrows.

But wait... Carino? As in love or darling? Jaxon is so whipped!

She nodded with a sigh. "Yes, you remember the doctor I told you about?" she asked him.

Which doctor?

"Yes."

"Well, that's him. He's Matthew Ryder." She replied then we got into the car. She will have to explain a lot of stuff when we get home.

"So what don't we know?" Aaron asked her.

"I'll tell you when we get home," she replied, then rested her head on Jaxon's Shoulder.

I know the situation is serious and all...

But they are so cute together.

#Jarial forever

•••••√√√••••••√√√•••••••√√√•••••••√√√•••••••

Hello my wonderful readers ♛

So did you like Owen's pov?

Some of you guessed it right, he was the doctor.

I hope you liked this chapter ♡

Please vote and comment and share :)