Talk Is Easy

Preston's POV

Preston: "The easiest thing you can do honestly is talk. Talk is easy as fuck and it means something of course, but there is a huge difference between talking about doing something, and then actually doing it. We can talk till the cows come home but I can assure you now, that's not usually how it works out when the time comes."

I watched his face contort in thought. His eyes furrow in and it was the most adorable thing I have ever laid my eyes on. His gorgeous dark hair, the way his voice gets higher when he questions it. I don't know but I've just, I've been in love with this guy for so long, best friends even for longer and yet no one seems to bat an eye if I did lay on him or always hugging him. I dunno just, he makes me giggle inside.

Lachlan: "Guys come on it doesn't take that long to get changed."

Preston: "I told you I'm helping him out he's gotta look good."

Lachlan: "Can I just come in then?"

As the tall Australian walked in the door, he took one look at me and then turned to him next to me.

Lachlan: "He's already fucking dressed come on let's go people."

Preston: "He's nervous relax."

Lachlan: "Dude she isn't going to go anywhere else and we made sure that Vik would drive so that she can't run away either. It's now or never. You have one minute then I want your ass downstairs and in Simon's car."

Preston: "Fine whatever."

As Lachlan left, I turned to the boy in front of me and I knew he was freaking out.

Preston: "Hey relax, you got this ok? I love you more than anything and I'll be there for you no matter what. Come on, let's get going."

Time Skip

As we all sat and chatted away doing our thing, I couldn't help but see him naturally conversing with everyone he can, it was beautiful to watch.

Simon: "Are we still sure about the girls? I thought it was just going to be the boys?"

Josh: "You are just jealous you don't have a girl."

Simon: "He's half a girl."

Jerome: "Oi fuck you."

Simon: "I said Later."

Tobi: "Gross come on guys."

Lachlan: "Come on guys dinner with everyone is always nice. Had we known though..."

Mitch: "Frey, Jess would have loved meeting you."

Freya: "If you both or even just Jess ever visit my door is open for you guys."

Mitch: "I'll pass the message along."

Katie: "Hey Emily can you pass the salt please?"

Emily: "Sure here you go."

Ethan: "I'm having a look at the menu and there aren't many options here Em."

Emily: "It's Ok, I've already looked at the menu online and tried a few things earlier this week when I went out with the girls."

Ethan: "That's uh... Definitely one way to sort it out."

I could see him still getting nervous. It wasn't something to be afraid of. In fact quite the opposite. With Jerome and Simon already holding each other's hands under the table, the only interesting thing was watching everyone believe he was straight. Or thinking I was straight.

Vik: "So Preston, got anyone special?"

Preston: "Unfortunately no. Just been enjoying being myself lately."