96 - Quality or Negative Influence

"Your Majesty, how can we allow his child to be care for outside the palace?"

Empress Wenqian expressed her outrage when she's alone with Emperor Huizhong.

"What do you suggest? Send a decree, ordering Prince Jian to have his Wang Fei live within the palace?"

"We must do what is best for the child"

"And the child is his"

"That child will be our first great grandchild. That child is Quan's grandchild. That child is_"

"Jian will leave if you push him too far"

Both Emperor Huizhong and Empress Wenqian knew forcing Wu Jian would only push him further away. Wu Jian will force his way out of Wu Xi if he had to.

"He would not leave... surely, his family is here. He would not_"

"Don't underestimate his feelings for that young woman."

"Your Majesty overestimated her worth. If he had to choose, he would choose_"

"He will give up everything for her"

Empress Wenqian felt bitter at the Emperor's statement.

"Li Ruyi..." The Empress stated with resentment. "What did she do to make Jian lose all his senses? For her, he has disregarded his own family... that kind of woman, how can I accept her?"

"Whether you accept her or not, Jian has already chosen her"

"And your Majesty allows it? Even witnessing the negative influences she has caused?"

"My Empress..." The Emperor stood and looked at her, seeing the unhappiness in her eyes. "Our grandson had always been overbearing and uncontrollable. You have once found those traits as his qualities. Now you find those very qualities as negative influences"

The Empress could not refute.

"My Empress, a leopard cannot change its spots. Li Ruyi cannot change what's already rooted"

The Emperor left the Royal Hall to give the Empress time to think things through.