98 - Patience

Meanwhile, back in the palace, Madam Muyang was sitting beside her daughter's bed, holding onto the despondent Wu Ting's hand. The injury on her forehead was wrapped with white cloth while her empty eyes stared off into space. All around the living quarter was dark stillness.

"Ting-Ting... you have not eaten anything... please child, you must maintain your health"

Ever since Madam Muyang told her daughter of Li Ruyi's pregnancy, Wu Ting went into a fit of rage before the anger made her lose consciousness. Awoken, the anger became desolation.

"Ting-Ting... If you fall sick, how could you be with Prince Jian?"

"Don't lie to me mother" Wu Ting coldly took her hand out of her mother's hold.

"Ting-Ting_"

"How can I be with Jian-ge now?"

"Ting-Ting_"

"For the Empress, Jian-ge's child is more important than me."

"Ting-Ting_"

"With Jian-ge's child, that woman has won!" Wu Ting cried out painfully.

"No!" Madam Muyang grabbed hold of her daughter. "She has not won over you. Ting-Ting, the Empress may value Prince Jian's child, but that does not mean, she value Li Ruyi. Her having Prince Jian's child does not guarantee anything"

Wu Ting looked at her mother with tears covered face.

"Ting-Ting" Madam Muyang wiped away her daughter's tears. "Don't give up child... as long as you have your health and strength, you can win over that weak woman. The Empress favors you and will help you as long as you have patience"

"I can't stand it mother... it hurts so much" Wu Ting cried against her mother's shoulder. "I have love Jian-ge all my life. He was supposed to mine. He was supposed to love me... how could I watch him love someone else?"

"Have patience Ting-Ting" Her mother held her tighter. "You will have prince Jian in the end"

Wu Ting clung to her mother's words. It was the only way her heart and mind could remain whole.