4] inspiration

live your beautiful life- lights follow

YOUR POV

Your fourth housemate showed up three days later, rousing you from sleep that was filled with dreams of a boy who had a bright smile and huge dimples. It was just past eleven at night when you heard a car door slam outside your window, shortly followed by a few smooth knocks on the front door. You shot straight up in bed, assuming the arrival of whom you hoped would be a good addition to the house.

You didn't even consider the fact you looked half asleep and had bedhead as you scrambled into the living room and then into the hallway, tip-toeing slightly to look into the peephole on the front door. Sure, enough the person waiting outside was a girl surrounded by all her luggage. You quickly unlocked the door and swung it open, face to face with her. She was short and redheaded, freckles spotting across her nose and cheeks.

"Oh, hi!" she chirped, seeming a bit surprised by your sudden presence. "I'm Mia; I'm moving in here today for the Hawaiian culture exchange program," she explained a bit uneasily. She seemed shy.

"I'm Y/N. Nice to meet you," you greeted her and smiled, "Do you need help getting your stuff inside?"

"Oh, that'd be great. Thank you so much," she handed a duffle bag to you before grabbing the handles on her two suitcases. You pushed the door completely open, turning to lead her inside.

"How was your flight?" you inquired, trying to break the somewhat awkward silence that always seemed to be attached you while meeting someone new.

"Long," she chuckled, "And loud. I don't understand why so many people bring their babies to Hawaii. It's not like they're going to remember the trip when they're older, anyway."

"Tell me about it! It makes the plane rides so miserable," you agreed, turning into the hallway and then the last empty room. "Okay, so this is your place. I'm in the room to the left, and the other two are taken by Paige and Emma. They're sisters, and they're probably asleep which is a good thing for you."

Mia raised an eyebrow as she set her stuff down.

"I mean, I'm not talking bad about them, but...They tend to be kind of...Well, kind of...unpleasant?" you weren't sure how to accurately describe the two feuding sisters. All you knew was that Mia at least deserved a warning of their attitudes before she had to face them head-on.

"Got it," Mia smiled, "Thanks for the heads-up. You can just throw that bag on the floor, I'll unpack it later. I think I probably need to sleep for the next 15 or so hours," she laughed.

"Right. I'm sure you must be exhausted. Good night, then," you set her bag down and started to leave.

"Y/N, again, it's nice to meet you! I hope we can be good friends," Mia seemed sincere, and that made you happy.