56: The Memory

Hey everyone! Here's a new chapter for you all. I've been looking forward to this one for a while as this will be the first time I properly go back to the roots of Harley and Ivy. You will understand what I mean as you read on.

On with the chapter!

<3
--------------------
Ivy sighed to herself as she entered the kitchen and placed an empty mug in the sink. Harley is at college all day which meant that Ivy would be on her own. She didn't mind it but she does occasionally feel lonely. The house went back to how it use to be before Harley moved in. Quiet. In the past, Ivy had been use to the quietness. But then Harley moved in and that changed things. Ivy was no longer living in an empty and silent house. However, Ivy realised something when this happened. Ivy realised that all the time she was living alone, she was actually feeling alone. She longed for company. And that came true when Harley moved in. Ivy no longer felt lonely. But when Harley isn't in, Ivy feels more alone than she ever did before. Ivy thought for a few moments before leaving the kitchen and house by the back door.

Ivy entered her greenhouse and walked down a long isle of plants on long tables; either side of her. As she walked, she touched some as she walked past and stroked others. Ivy walked up to her desk, sat down and opened up her notes. She stared at some of her notes, taking in the information and scribbles. Ivy then wrote a few notes down to do with her work. After a few minutes, Ivy grabbed another book and opened it. Inside were some sketches and doodles. Ivy's eyes widened when she realised that this book were a good few years old. She smiled as she started to remember a day from quite a few years ago. However, it was one of few days that will always stick in Ivy's mind.

The day Ivy remembered happened a few months after her and Harley became friends. At the time, Harley was still with The Joker. It was starting off as a normal day for Ivy. She had got up and had some breakfast before getting washed and dressed. Ivy sat down in the living room and started doodling in her sketchbook. It was a nice quiet morning for Ivy like usual. However that changed when Ivy got a knock on her door. Ivy was slightly confused at first as she went to answer the door. She opened the door and her eyes widened in surprise.

"Hiya red!" Harley beamed. "Hey Harl" Ivy smiled, happy to see her best friend on her doorstep. Ivy let Harley in. The pair entered the living room. Harley sat down and giggled slightly. Ivy couldn't help but smile at Harley. "So Harl, what brings you out to the woods to my house?" Ivy asked. "I wanted to see ya red" Harley grinned. "Are you sure that's all?" Ivy asked. "Uhmmmm, well..." Harley began, biting her lip. Ivy sat down next to Harley on the sofa. "Come on, tell your best friend" Ivy smiled. "Well, last night me and Mistah J was pulling off a robbery when I accidently triggered an alarm before we got some of the expensive jewlery. We had to quickly escape and well... Puddin' isn't very happy with me at da moment" Harley explained. "Let me guess, you want to stay here for a few days until he's calmed down?" Ivy wondered. "Yeah, if it's okay" Harley replied. "Of course. I love having you around" Ivy smiled. "Yay! I'll go make us some drinks and we can have a catch up!" Harley cheered, running off into the kitchen. Ivy smiled and then sighed. "If only you would leave him and stay with me" Ivy said softly.

Half an hour went by after the arrival of Harley. After chatting for a short while, Ivy led the way to her big green house. Ivy showed Harley some of the new plants she had. Harley wasn't a huge nature person but when it came to Ivy's unique variety of plants, she loved to look at them. "Can I water some plants red?! Pweaseeeee!" Harley begged. Ivy laughed slightly. "Yeah okay Harl" Ivy replied. Ivy walked to the back of the green house to gather some supplies. Harley looked in awe at the plants as she followed Ivy. Ivy got to the back and began setting things up. "Oh yeah red... Ya know the robbery last night me and Joker did? Well uhm... I got ya something" Harley shyly admitted. Ivy turned and looked at Harley. Harley opened her hands, revealing an emerald the size of the palm of Harley's hand. Ivy gasped. "Harl... I... It's beautiful! You shouldn't have" Ivy gushed. Harley smiled and shrugged. "I wanted too red. You're mah best friend. I saw it and thought of you" Harley revealed. Ivy carefully took it from Harley and looked at it closely. "Just make sure you hide it well, I didn't spend anything on it" Harley giggled. Ivy smiled at Harley and nodded. Harley then grabbed the water and walked over to the plants. Ivy looked at the emerald again. It was beautiful. Ivy looked at Harley and smiled at the sight of her tending to her babies. It warmed Ivy's heart seeing Harley taking care of her plants.

Ivy smiled at the memory as she stared at the spot where Harley stood, watering her plants. Ivy looked down at the emerald in her hand. It had been a few years since that day but Ivy remembered it clearly. And she still had the beautiful emerald Harley had gotten her. The thought of the police wondering whatever happened to the emerald in her hand formed a big smile on her face. Ivy walked over to the small stack of empty plant pots and placed the emerald back in its hiding place. Ivy loved that day. It wasn't the biggest or the most important day of her life. But she knew one thing about that particular day. If she didn't have feelings for Harley before then, she certainly fell for her on that day...
--------------------
I know this chapter is a bit slow but hopefully you enjoyed anyway. I've wanted to do a storyline where it goes back to Harley and Ivy's friendship from near the beginning for a while. I got the idea a while back and I wanted to hold out for a while. Mostly because so much has happened recently with this fanfiction with The Joker and Harley's mother. Besides, I thought this was the right time to do it since I'm focusing on the lighter and fluffier chapters for a while.

Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. Post your thoughts in the comments below.

Next chapter is titled: 'Making Friends'. See you all next time!