[49]

Mark:

The week had finally passed and now it was a wonderful Saturday noon. Although the last day had been rough, I had slept like a baby and I actually felt very good and relaxed. But something was different.

I had woken up by a light tingling in my belly. I didn't know what it was or where it came from but it hadn't appeared again yet and I didn't know if it would again. I decided that I wouldn't think about it for now.

Now I was sitting on the sofa in the living room cuddled into a blanket with a book on my lap. Sophia and Ricky were on a short weekend trip for their wedding anniversary and therefore I was alone with Jackson.

The blonde male was laying in the on the other sofa and seemed to relax. Maybe he was even asleep. Therefore it was silent except of the radio which quietly played a random song which I didn't know.

I had gotten very comfortable around Jackson and I didn't even mind to be alone with him. We had talked a lot during the time I lived here and now we had become friends although I had never thought this could happen.

I closed my book and placed it on the table. My gaze wandered through the room and I ended up looking out of the window. It was cold outside and the bare boughs of the trees told me that it was windy.

It was late November and the half of my pregnancy was over. The time had passed so fast and I wondered if the last months would pass like this, too. My planned due date came closer and closer.

I stroked my belly which was growing with every day. It made me proud whenever I looked in the mirror but I also feared the coming months when it would grow even more. Would I be able to walk?

I sighed and carefully got up from the sofa. Jackson didn't react to my movements so I was pretty sure he was really sleeping. I decided to let him sleep for now and cook something for us.

I slowly walked over to the kitchen where I spent a lot of time. Of course, I was mainly eating there but I had also cooked sometimes because it was one of the only way to thank the Wang's for everything.

I started to prepare rice and vegetables and placed the dishes on the table before I rubbed my lower back and sat down on a chair.

My appointment with Dr. Park was going to be soon and I was extremely excited for it. I would be able to find out what gender the baby was going to have. Jackson was probably even more excited than I was.

The ultrasound picture he used to hide under his mattress was now standing in a picture frame on his nightstand and I sometimes caught him when he was looking at the photo with a smile on his lips.

He had really started to love our child and the way he showed this love was extremely cute. Jin had given him some books about pregnancy and education. He was so proud whenever he found out something new.

Jackson told me even the smallest things he found out about pregnancies and newborn babies. He had become more mature when it came to being a father but sometimes he was still a child. But it was cute.

I got up from the chair and started to fry the vegetables and hummed a random melody while the food for me and Jackson was slowly getting ready. I got the bowls from the table to devide the rice for the two of us.

The vegetables were ready after some minutes and placed our food on the table. The last thing I needed now was Jackson but he was still sleeping. I didn't know if I should wake him up now.

I was about to walk into the living room when the tingling feeling in my belly came back. It was much stronger than this morning and I had to sit down on one of the chairs in the kitchen.

I placed my hands on my belly. The feeling my belly got stronger and it slowly felt like little kicks. Suddenly, I knew where this feeling could come from. I was in the twentieth week so maybe my baby had started to move.

The thought filled me with so many emotions and tears of happiness started to fill my eyes. I quickly grabbed my phone and looked how it would feel if my baby was really moving.

The smile on my face grew even more while the amazing truth finally reached my mind. My baby was moving! I quickly brushed my tears away and did the first thing that came into my mind. "Jackson!"

Hopefully he would be able to feel the baby's kicks too because I wanted to share this moment with him. The both of us were the parents of this child and every beautiful moment belonged to the both us and not only me.

It was silent for a moment before I heard a thud coming from the living room. The blonde male stormed into the kitchen and looked at me with worry in his eyes. "What happened?" He asked.

I grabbed his hands and placed them on my belly. "The baby is moving!" I said happily. Jackson's face went blank and I wondered what he was thinking now? I thought he would be excited.

The younger kneed down in front of the chair and stroked over the bump under my shirt. He didn't say anything but his eyes grew wider with every second. He slowly started to smile.

"Oh my God." He whispered with tears in his eyes. I was so happy that he could feel it. The blonde looked up to me with a huge grin on his face. "I can feel it moving." He explained happily.

I laughed a bit and nodded. Jackson looked at my belly again before he leaned his head against it and closed his eyes. I still felt the baby moving and kicking softly and the other's smile told me that he felt it, too.

The sight in front of me was so adorable. He looked so happy and I didn't even know that he would ever be able to feel like this for the baby. I placed my hand on his hand and softly stroked through his hair.

I knew that we actually were about to eat but I didn't care about the food now. Nothing in this world would stop me from enjoying this beautiful moment now and I couldn't wait to see our little one again.

Welcome back to another far-too-fluffy chapter of this story. Well again, I think the fluff should have happened later but it's also more between each of them and their baby and not romantic so I can let it pass.

I also realized that it's kind of weird to write cooking scenes. There's actually not much to write so I feel like they seem a little jumped but there's not really much depth in describing cooking.

I still hope you liked it!

Thank you for reading 💙