03// from an inch to a mile

*EDITED*

A/N; Thanks for all the reviews and votes guys. It really adds to my motivation to keep going. I really appreciate it. Now, enjoy another chapter of Puzzle!

 Now, enjoy another chapter of Puzzle!

CHAPTER THREE:

from an inch to a mile

Stiles wasn't sure what scared him more.

The horrific scream that he heard leave Teddy's lips, or the fact that when he entered the bathroom he was not met with the soft, innocent brown eyes that he had been staring into moments ago. No. Instead, his eyes caught the gaze of a demonic pair of eyes that caused him to stumble back in fear with how terrifying they looked.

Teddy obviously didn't realize he had come in at first, too busy screaming at herself in the mirror in complete horror. So Stiles thought that he should at least try to get a closer look. What if she was in pain or something? Whatever the case was, he wanted to try and help her. But as he dared to take another step forward, Teddy's head snapped in his direction at the sound of his footstep. He didn't even have the chance to get any closer because before knew it her arm whacked him right in his chest.

Now, looking at Teddy, she had such a tiny body that Stiles assumed she couldn't weigh more than 115 lbs. So basically a whack in the chest from her should feel like nothing to him. So the law of physics needs to explain to him how he ended up flying meters away from her, just nearly missing hitting her bedroom door. Luckily her floor was carpeted, or else it would have been much more harsh landing.

His head spinning from the impact, Stiles slowly pushed himself up. However, before hopping back on his feet, he held out his hands in front of him, counting to make sure that all ten of his fingers were still there. He seriously hoped there wasn't because if so, that would mean this was all a dream. And he that hadn't been thrown across the room by itty bitty Teddy. And that he was still napping on his bed waiting for his alarm to remind him about their research session.

And the one time he hoped he was dreaming, he was actually awake.

"Shit." He muttered to himself before rising up.

Once he was fully recovered, Stiles realized that Teddy's screams ceased to the point that all he could hear from the bathroom were inaudible whimpers that made even him feel a little shaken up even though he wasn't even sure why she was crying. It sounded like she was a puppy going through pain. Now that the bathroom door was open, he was able to see that she had curled into a ball on the ground, clutching at her face with her hands.

Stiles took a deep breath before making his way towards her. He should've run, he definitely should've run, but he couldn't abandon her like that, not when she had just made the decision in confiding even just the tiniest information about herself despite her social issues. Not when they had just started becoming cordial with each other again. Plus, he wasn't that heartless.