Chapter fifteen: I am sarcastic, I am apathetic.

I sat between Rhiannon and Jude during lunch. They both sat there, glaring at one another and I sat there munching on fries, watching the whole thing go down. I sighed then placed my delicious golden fries on the ground and intertwined my fingers then looked at my two best friends.

"No. I don't like him." Rhiannon shook her head, "You have to choose one of us."

I rolled my eyes as Jude agreed.

"Fine. I choose...Timmy!" I yelled as he walked across the cafeteria. He stopped and looked at me. I motioned for him to come over and I climbed up out of my seat and wrapped my arm around Timmy's shoulder. "I choose Timmy as my new best friend."

"What?" He said in pure confusion.

"Nothing, go on Timmy." I stated and he knitted his eyesbrows together as he walked away very, very confused.

"Poor Timmy." Jude shook his head.

"Wow, hey Noah. Who's your friend?" Farrah stopped as she walked past with Tianna. Jude's eyes scanned her body and I slapped him with a glare.

"This is Jude and he's off limits." I stated wrapping my arms around him from behind the chair.

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and strutted off.

"What was that about?" Jude cocked an eyebrow and tilted his head back to look up at me.

"I won't let the devil put her claws on my lil Jude." I stated and he pouted.

"G-O-A-L-S!" Rhiannon yelled letter by letter.

"Rhiannon." I gave her a warning glare. And a smirk made its way to Jude's face.

"She ships us?"

"A lot of people do." I said with nod and he laughed. I pinched his cheeks making him whine before I took my seat again.

"Who is that guy?" Jude asked. Rhiannon and I looked to where he was pointing in confusion. "That guy, the three scary looking ones."

"Oh. That's my big brother Blake and his friends, Damien and Asher." Rhiannon sighed and sipped her chocolate milk.

"Asher Storms?" He asked curiously and she nodded.

"How'd you know?"

He clenched his jaw and shrugged. How does he know who Asher is? Does he really have something to do with the diavolos?

The bell rang and we made our way to creative arts again. We had it twice so we had more time to work on the projects. Not that Asher works at all. He stays with Blake and Damien on his phone the whole time.

We all took our seats and Jude pulled up a chair besides me and we looked up at Mr. Woods.

He looked down at a paper and began to read, "Most days I am sarcastic, I am apathetic." He started and my eyes widened. This was my poem. "I don't care about the words anyone speaks or the consequences to my actions. I am dangerous, I am violent. I can strike at any moment and I won't hold back or hesitate on what my internal ball of burning anger is telling me to do."

Jude looked at me as if asking if it were mine. We do daily 'inspirational' poems. We have to write one on the weekend and he chooses the best. I nodded and we turned back to the teacher, "But then there are the days when I break. I can't do anything but sit in silence as my mind wanders into the dark and desolate oblivion. I cry and I break down and I just want it all to end. But then I wake up, and I remember that everything will get better. If you don't believe me, just look at the weather. It's better in the summer than it is in the winter, right? Keep your head up, for one day this will seem nothing but a small sliver of a memory in a lifetime of happiness to come."

Everyone clapped and I cringed but Jude grinned at me. Everyone went to their own groups and I sat there with Jude while Asher went to the other side of the room.

"How're you holding up?" He asked me softly.

"I've been having nightmares occasionally but other than that, good."

"If you could have one wish, what would you wish for?" He asked out of the blue.

I sighed and thought for a moment. "If I could have one wish, it would be to go back in time. Just back two years." I held up two fingers, "To two years ago when everything was okay. When I didn't pray every night that I wouldn't wake up in the morning. When smiling and laughing wasn't foreign nature to me. When I didn't cry my heart out everyday behind closed doors. I would wish to go back two years ago when everything was okay. Nothing has ever been perfect, but two years ago it was as good as it could get. I don't know how in just two years everything became so broken. I became so broken. So yes. That is what I would wish for."

"I love you ace." He sighed pulling me into a side hug.

"Love you too." I said then pulled out my notebook and began writing while Jude began listening to music.

Someone tapped my shoulder making me jump and just based off Jude's glare, I knew it was Asher.

"Yes?" I asked not looking up from my notebook.

"Mr. Woods said we can go work in the hall. Your friend has to stay here though." He glared at Jude.

I sighed and closed my notebook, shoving it into my bag and standing up.

"I'll be fine." I said to Jude and he nodded while still glaring at Asher. We walked into the hall but we didn't stop walking.

"Come on." He motioned for me to follow him.

"Asher- Asher where are we going?" I asked but he kept tugging at my hand. We exited through the janitors door in the back and he finally let me go. My mouth gaped at the sigh.

"No way."