Chapter eighteen: Yes. Cupcake. It suits you.

Here he stood, Chase Everette.

"W-wow...Noah..you're..here." Chase didn't know how to respond, but to be fair, I didn't know what to say either.

"You guys moved here? To New York?" I asked and he nodded. I let out a breath. "Wow."

"Martha moved back home with my mom but I stayed with my dad...why are you here?"

"I'm here right now with Jude...he's visiting. I moved because my dad is back in my life so mom wanted us to be closer to him..." I scratched the back of my neck. "Wow this is weird..."

"Yeah..I thought I'd never see you again." He admitted and I nodded in agreement. "Oh um- do you want a-"

I just nodded and he went to go make it.

"God, what is your plan for me?" I whispered looking up and shaking my head. How the fuck do I always end up in situations like this? Why does my past keep coming back to haunt me?

"Here you go. On the house." Chase smiled crookedly. God I used to love that smile so fucking much.

"Thanks.." I said and took it before quickly getting up and walking away from the bar. I have no clue where I am and where the guys are right now.

I pushed through the crowds of people until I made it outside to where the actual race was going on. I sighed and scanned around for the guys. Nothing.

"Hey- what are you doing here?" Someone tugged at my arm.

"I'm sorry I don't know you..." I backed away from him.

"You do know me! Ace." He spat. "What the fuck are you doing here? In my territory?"

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I have absolutely no clue who this man is and whether or not I'm in 'his' territory.

"Fuck this." He tossed his beer down and landed a left hook on my nose. I felt blood dripping down my face as he lifted me up as if I were a rag doll and landed another hit on my jaw, then he took out a knife and managed to cut under my eye. I hissed out in pain, but I couldn't do anything. I'm completely helpless. I don't know how to fight.

"Stop it!" I screamed trying to kick the man away but it was no use. Everyone around us literally paid no mind to what was going on.

Tears poured down my face as he continued this for about ten minutes. He got up and just walked away like it was nothing.

I managed to get up and I made my way inside, everyone stopped and stared at me when I passed them. God can everyone quit looking at me?

I stood still as I tried to make myself less dizzy.

"Noah? Noah!" I heard Damien yell and suddenly, I was in his arms and he was carrying me somewhere. "Noah what the fuck are you doing here?" He murmured. I wrapped my arms around his neck to steady myself.

"It hurts," I let out a whimper as we finally made it to the top of the stairs. He kicked open a door and I heard the clicks of guns.

"What the fuck? Is that Noah?" I heard Blake shout as he laid me down on a couch. I looked around. It was a smoking room. There wasn't many people in here, and from what I can tell they were all from mayhem.

The door burst open revealing Chase. "Noah! I saw you being carried up here! What happened?"

"Go away Chase." I pleaded, "I don't want you here right now."