Chapter 38 : The TRUTH

" Be Patient Enough to Hear What The Other Side Has To Say...

Or else... It's U Who ll Always Regret For Misjudging A Person...

And That Feeling is Very Hard To Get Over.

TRUTH Is So Mighty That It Can Shake The Foundation Of Any Relationship...

It Can Either Build It or Break....
U Decide What U Need. "

_____________________________

ANSH'S POV

I can't believe that I said that. I swear I didn't mean any of that. Seeing Ahana with someone else other than me is what I can't tolerate. I just can't do that.

But she was correct, how was she suppose to know that I was planning a surprise for her. The entire day I screwed around, not answering her calls and avoiding her.
I returned home early and prepared her favorite cuisine. I worked hard doing something that I had never done before for anyone. And then I ruined it myself.

But then I saw her with Jaai. They were hugging each other and I saw him consoling Ahana over some matter. I saw her smile and I felt more anger built in me. He kissed her twice in front of me. He even held her from her stomach and was saying her something that made her laugh. How would he do that? That baby is mine.

How I loved her reaction when she saw the beautiful setting. I wish I could capture that moment. Her eyes were a bit red but she still glowed in a light grey short knee length dress which was showing her small baby bump. How desperately I wish to touch her. I was worried because of the heels she was wearing. She even tripped once. I wanted to be the one who holds her every time she trips..... Why can't I be in the place where Jaai is there??

I didn't even want to mention to her about the baby and joint custody.
I don't ever intend to leave her but what if she decides to go taking my life, my child away.
I am an insecure person. And also possessive about what belongs to me stays with me.

'' Ansh.... It's Heights now..... " I heard her say in her smooth and a bit croaky voice.

I turned my face away from her. My heart was full of guilt. I don't want her to say that she will take my baby away from me.

" You can't turn away Ansh. We are not done yet.... "
I though that our conservation ended but this time I don't think it will come to an end so easily tonight.

" What more is left Ahana? Tell me. Everything is ruined. Our life, our marriage..... Every single damn thing...." I said it a bit loudly but they were my real feelings.

" I won't disagree with you Ansh. Everything is ruined. And reason has always been YOU and only YOU. I don't like blaming others but this time I am forced to. Starting from signing that Damn AGREEMENT to doubting my integrity..... It was always you....'' She was now completely facing me.

I wondered why she didn't say anything about the baby. I thought she will charge on me.

" Yeah! Good for you. Anyways there is nothing between us.... Right? You are a free bird...."

Maybe she understood what I meant to say. But I didn't mean it from my heart. I think I was just a bit of insecure every time.

What if Ahana really loves Jaai and leaves me for him? What about my baby..... I can't imagine my life without it. Can she really be that selfish? No.. She can't right? I have an equal right.

Ansh!!! Man... What are you thinking...

" Thanks for reminding me that. But I know there is nothing between us and things would never work out because YOU won't let them work ever....." She said after pausing for a moment and then paused again.