24: heartbroken.

FILLER. I want you to get a little bit more of a feel of Luna's character and the affect things have had on her x

I remember one day my mother sat and told me this very romantic story about a night with my father. How he spun her around out on the balcony at their graduation after party, the moonlight prancing upon their skin like tiny ballroom dancers, the alcohol buzzing in their systems and their eyes never leaving one another. She told me about their kiss, how she felt something jump inside of her and it frightened her, she had no idea why she felt such a thing but it was that moment she knew she was in love.

And I felt the jump.

Your heart tightens to the point where you almost want to slam your hand over your chest to relieve the pain. Your stomach feels queasy and you feel as though you could pass out from lack of sugars in your body... I felt like any second I would throw up, my heart would literally burst into a fiery inferno and I'd scream with every emotion I could feel. I felt like my emotions were heightened drastically, from the loss of my parents, the stress of my job, the sadness of feeling alone for two weeks, the shock of meeting Harry when I realised he wasn't walking away from me, and all that love that's formed along the way and healed my disfigured heart.

I felt the jump and I was ready to announce it the world, I think I just want to tell my mother first...

___

"Wakey wakey sleeping beauty," his voice cooed, I giggled and shoved my hand to the sky, pushing his face away as I squeezed my eyes shut. "How old are you really?" He muttered with a chuckle, sliding his arms under my legs and around my back. I didn't even realise I had fallen asleep in the car until the second I heard a thud and Harry groaning in discomfort as he wobbled with my body in his arms. "Fucking car!" He cussed.

I subconsciously let my hands rub his scalp to help subside the pain he felt, my eyes cracked open and I knew we were home; well Harry's childhood home. Tomorrow we leave and I have only now realised I don't want to go anymore, Anne and Robin remind me of my parents — so in love, sickeningly flaunting their romance around like they're in a damn chick flick.

"It's gonna rain again," he mumbled into my hair as we reached the front door, his bum pushing the handle down and hip nudging it open. We entered the house and he playfully chucked me on the couch. Anne was on the other couch with Robin as they laughed at his actions.

"How was your day?" Robin asked, sitting up and putting away his newspaper to focus on me. I sat up and brushed my hair out my face with my fingers, Harry disappeared upstairs and I was left with his parents.

"So great," I smiled brightly. The second I spoke the heavens opened, the rain pattered against the window and gusts of harsh winds slapped the glass. I could hear rustling leaves from the tree by the window outside, the sound of things outside shaking against the ground as the wind shook them. "He took me to get ice cream, and then we just walked around and talked for ages."

"Ice cream in winter? I tell you what, kids these days are awfully different from when I was younger," Robin chuckled. His comment made me grin in amusement, a comment I could definitely hear my own father say.

"You remind me of my dad," I breathlessly laughed, a sad smile touching his lips as he looked in me. He asked how and I couldn't help the gushing moment. "He was much like you, really entertaining, a jokester... Sometimes they were really bad jokes but you laughed because his laugh was funnier than the joke," I paused. "He also had a very soft side to him, when I was sad or I had cramps I never went to my mum I went to my dad. He just knew how to make me smile. He'd hold my hand and cuddle me, tell me how proud he was of what I'm doing and how much I've grown, he'd talk about boys and teasingly tell me I couldn't date any... He'd put on the football or top gear and somehow I really enjoyed sitting there and watching it with him."