Chapter twenty one: His puppet.

One week. All it took was one week alone for my mind to break me. That and the fact that Lars is using me like a play toy by threatening Rhiannon. He showed up the same night I went home, told me I'd have do a few jobs for him or else he'd kill Rhiannon. He said if I told anyone, he'd kill not only her but my sisters too. I couldn't risk anything.

And who could I even tell?

"Come on." Lars snaked an arm around my waist, tugging me away from the car I was leaning against.

I pushed Lars' arm away and ran a hand through my blonde hair.

"Come. It's my turn to race." He motioned for me to follow. I let out a shaky breath and followed him to the track where Frankie and Oliver were working on his car.

"Go get-"

He stopped talking when someone cut him off, "Noah?"

I turned around and looked at Jace with a poker face; my eyes probably appeared dead. I wanted to run up to him and ask him for help, beg him for help and tell him to get Blake so I could tell him that his sisters life is at risk. But I couldn't. I just gave him a dead stared and took a drag of my cigarette.

"Get out of here punk." Oliver ordered and flashed his gun to Jace. Jace held his hands up in defense, gave me one last glance before turning heels and walking away.

"Who was that?" Lars grabbed hold of my neck and began to squeeze.

"He's in mayhem." Was all I responded. I didn't want him to target Jace too.

"Name?" He asked.

I took another inhale then blew out the smoke, "Eric Martins." I made up a name. He nodded curtly.

"You're dismissed. I won't be needing you all weekend." He gave me permission to go home. I nodded then tossed my cigarette on the ground then made my ways towards my car. He's not going to need me because it's Christmas.

I climbed into my car then drove off. When I finally arrived home, a familiar group of guys were standing in my driveway. I parked the car and walked right past them, into my house. I slammed the door shut but instantly, it clicked open revealing Damien, Blake, Jace and Asher.

"What the hell is going on?" Blake asked as I tossed my bag and phone down then walked into the kitchen.

"Jace says he saw you with the man that beat the shit out of you?" Damien asked angrily.

I sighed and looked up at them, "You guys shouldn't be here."

"Noah tell us what's going on." Asher demanded.

"Why do you guys even care? All I am is a nuisance that you guys somehow always end up being burdened with." I snapped.

"You're our friend." Blake stated softly.

"No. I'm Rhiannon's friend which is why I need you guys to leave before he sees you." I stated and pulled out another cigarette.

Asher pulled it out of my mouth before I lit it and snapped it in half. "What the fuck?" I growled at him.

"You don't smoke. You find it disgusting when we do it." He stated firmly. He's right. It is really gross. "What's going on? It's been literally a week and you're a completely different person, it looks like you lost at least ten pounds."

"I shed weight fast and I haven't had an appetite." I rolled my eyes and pulled out a water bottle.

"You need to eat, Noah." Blake knitted his eyebrows together.

Jace spoke up, "You don't look healthy. Have you even slept?"

"My sleeping schedule is none of your concern. My life is none of your concern. Please just leave." I basically begged them, "I can't risk her."

"Risk who?" Damien narrowed his eyes. "Is he holding something against you? To make you his puppet?"

I looked down and it all made sense to them now.

"Tell us what he's holding against you, Noah." Asher demanded as his fists clenched and unclenched.

I shook my head, "It's to much of a risk."

"We can help you if you just tell us." Blake exasperated.

"No because then he'll hurt my sisters too." I stated matter of factly. "I can't risk anything."

"Wait- Rhiannon? He threatened Rhiannon?" Blake growled furiously. "What is he saying?"

I let out a shaky breath. "If I don't do as he says, he's going to kill her. And if I tell anyone, he'll kill my sisters too." My voice broke.

Blake looked ready to kill. Asher, Damien and Jace looked much more calm.

"When did he say this to you?" Jace asked me.

"When I got home, he was inside. Then he began talking and talking about ways he'd kill her and I-I couldn't risk anything."

"You did the right thing by telling us." Blake stated and ran a hand through his hair.

"We'll take care of him. In the meantime you're going to be staying at the gang house." Asher stated firmly.

"Asher I can't-"

"Go get clothes."

"Asher-"

"Now." He ordered. I sighed and got to my feet then trudged up the stairs. I grabbed an empty bag and put in a bunch of shirts and pants along with toiletries and my charger and writing journal before I changed into my normal clothes rather than this ridiculous outfit. I slid on a hoodie then walked back down stairs where just Asher was waiting.

"Where'd they all go?" I asked and he shrugged.

"We're taking your car but I get dibs on driving." He stated and I nodded tossing him the keys.

I followed him outside and we climbed into my car then took off driving.