Chapter twenty two: Something spontaneous.

"Do you want to play?" Damien asked me as he munched on chips. I shook my head no and turned back down to my notebook as he, Asher and Blake continued the clicking of their controllers in the upstairs living room.

I sighed curling my feet up more while my notebook rested on the arms of the couch.

I finally took a look at what I was sketching. It was a boy, on a couch, with a torn leather jacket, playing video games with a gun resting besides him as he smiled, laughing.

My mouth gaped and my eyes widened, I looked up and realized I'd been sketching Asher this entire time.

"What the fuck?" I asked and they all turned to look at me.

"What?" Asher cocked an eyebrow.

"N-nothing I just messed up. That's all. I said awkwardly and they turned back to their game. I shook my head at myself as I read the words written beneath it.

'If you could see his heart as a person,
You would see a man with a bruised eye and bloody knuckles.
His body is bandaged up and covered in scars.
His body is fragile, but strong.
His eyes show pain, but is also speckled with stars of hope.
His bottom lip is busted and cut; when he smiles he grits his teeth.
He's constantly hunched over trying to catch his breath.
His heart, as a person, is fighter.
He fights for what he loves.'

"What the fuck." I groaned at myself again and they paused the game and turned to me again. "I'm fine. I just messed up my drawing again."

"Ooo. Can I see?" Damien jumped up and ran over.

"Damien no-" it was too late. He'd seen it. He smirked and just closed the book slowly and backed up.

"What a good flower." He stated and sat back down with his friends. I cringed internally as my cheeks flamed red.

"I'm going to go get a drink." I mumbled as I got up.

"I'll come with you." Damien stated then quit the game, leaving just Asher and Blake in it. They didn't seem phased as he got up and followed me into the little kitchen.

"You like him." He stated once we were out of hearing range.

I scowled, "I do not."

"Then why are you drawing him?" He grinned cockily.

"I don't know he was just there. I can't like him, I don't know anything about him." I rolled my eyes and pulled out a bottle of iced tea.

"That and your family would kill you if they found out. And not to mention Farrah would have your head and once Asher's family figures out who you are they'd-"

"I don't like him." I stated firmly.

"Don't like who?" Blake asked walking in.

"She likes Asher."

"I do not!" I yelled agitated and Blake grinned.

"I called it."

"Modern day Romeo and Juliet." Damien added and they began to gush.

"Guys. I don't like him." I stated slowly.

"Okay but you do so..." Blake trailed. "No worries, we won't say anything to him. As long as you admit it."

"I'm not going to admit something that isn't true." I deadpanned.

"Why are you so red then?" Damien cocked an eyebrow and leaned against the counter. "And don't say the heat is up to high cause you were just complaining about how cold it was." He added.

"I turn red all the time. It means nothing." I scoffed and crossed my arms.

"Okay what if we said that Asher likes you too and won't admit it?"

My heart stopped, "What?"

"You do like him!" Blake laughed. "And I don't know if he does or not, he always seems to have on a poker face."

I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my water.

"She didn't deny it." Damien smirked and I placed my hands on either of his shoulder and looked him dead in the face.

"Damien. I do not like Asher Walker Storms."

"His middle name is Walker?" He cocked an eyebrow and I nodded. "Oh so now you're on middle name basis, huh?" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"When did he even tell you his middle name?" Blake asked curiously.

"I don't remember..." I stated knitting my eyebrows together. "I think that's his middle name though."

"Hey Asher, what's your middle name?" Blake asked when he trailed in behind us.

"Walker. Why?"

The guys smirked and me and I rolled my eyes before taking my arms off Damien's shoulders.

"What's going on in here?" Asher asked in confusion and the guys smirked at me.

"Nothing, you'd like, Asher. " Blake said putting emphasis on the 'you' and 'like'.

"Why're you talking so weirdly?" Asher asked completely clueless as to whats going on around him.

awe...

"Noah." Asher turned to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Asher." I stated and the guys began making heart shaped behind him. I clenched my jaw and focused on Asher.

"My mom and Jillian wanted to make sure you knew you're going to be celebrating Christmas with all of us here since your family is away."

I nodded and he took his hand away and walked over to the fridge. My skin tingled where he touched me and my heart beat erratically in my chest so hard that I thought it might fly out. There were butterflies - no, lions - in my chest, but it felt good.

I finally admitted to myself what I knew all along, but was too afraid to admit it: The guys were right, I liked him.

The guys smirked and I flipped them off before walking out of the room and making my way down the back staircase to the third floor where there was a spare room that I was going to be staying in.

"Hey, Ace." Jace smiled softly.

"My names really Noah." I sighed and he nodded.

"I know..so you're going to be staying here for a little bit? Till your family gets back?"

I nodded, "I guess so."

"Cool. Do you want to come chill with me and a few of my friends? We're planning on heading down to the beach tonight. Have a bonfire, hang out, just make some memories."

"Isn't it supposed to snow?" I asked incredulously. "It's below zero out there."

"Something spontaneous." He flashed a smile and I sighed.

"Sure. Why not?" I caved in and his eyes lit up with excitement.

"Cool. Meet you by the stairs in like twenty minutes?" He cocked an eyebrow and I nodded. "Oh- also, I never got a chance to thank you for the lovely time a few months ago." He winked and my cheeks turned bright red.

"See you down there." I managed to squeak out as I ran into the room. It was a lot smaller than the other ones, this was literally just a single room with one bed, a closet, bathroom, and dresser. That's it.