Love

Authors Note: sorry for the crappy title I could not come up with a better one 😟
America's POV
It had been one week since I went to the Palace. I thought Maxon would come after me, but he didn't. I guess I don't blame him. He told me he loved me and I ran away. It must hurt.
Right now it was cloudy and I was watching Eadlyn and Ahren play another game of tag. I wish Maxon was here.
Marlee told me that Kriss was pregnant. I was heartbroken. Soon Maxon would have his own family and have no desire to be a part of ours. In a few years he probably won't remember that he had twins with me.
It also means that even if we wanted to, Maxon and I could never be together.
Eadlyn and Ahren will never get to know there dad and it was my fault.

Marlee's POV
I was really starting to think Kriss was lying about being pregnant. She did things that pregnant women shouldn't do. She also had no symptoms. She never got morning sickness and never had changes in appetite. But maybe it was that way for some people.
I was just upset that Maxon choose Kriss over America. America was perfect for him, and he was perfect for her. They complement each other so well and let's not forget they love each other like crazy. The way Maxon looked at her... it was like in his eyes she was the most beautiful thing it the world. Like he just realized what love was, it was was so amazing!
My mission was to find out the truth about Kriss and get Maxon and America together.

Maxon's POV
I had a plan. In a nutshell, I was going to find America and beg her to let me be a part of her family. I had to keep this plan a secret. I didn't want Kriss to find out and think I was going to leave her. The only other person who knew about my plan was Marlee. But she had been acting really weird lately.
I just hope that America will let me see Eadlyn and Ahren. I will get at least one thing I want. I finished packing my bag and called for a car.
I was going after America.

1 hour later
America's POV

Eadlyn and Ahren where playing outside when a car pulled into the driveway, but it was not any car, it was from the palace. And then, Maxon stepped out. He ran after me?
I walked in his direction. The twins ran up to him and hugged his legs.
"Hey." I say.
"Hello America."
"Come in." I say gesturing toward the house.
We walk into the house. I put the twins in there rooms. I walk back out and Maxon is there pacing.
"Why did you leave?" He asked.
"I don't know. I thought I was messing everything up I guess."
"But you didn't even say goodbye."
"Because I knew you would probably wouldn't let me leave."
"That's true." He said chuckling.
"Congratulations, by the way."
"Why?"
"I heard Kriss was pregnant."
"Oh yah, thanks."
I was dying on the inside. I had to act like I was happy for him. When truthfully I was devastated.
"And just so you know I won't put this baby before Eadlyn and Ahren. I promise."
I smiled. Maxon always kept his promises.
"That's good to know. And I'm sorry for running out on you when you told me your feelings."
"It's okay. I kind of came on to strong, and I'm sorry."
We sat there for a while thinking. Finally Maxon said something.
"Do you still love me?"
Oh God. I can't believe Maxon would ask that.
I wanted to tell him yes, but I can't. If I do then it will only hurt more when he left and went back to Kriss.

Maxon's POV
We were sitting there but there was one question that was constantly on my mind since America came to the palace.
"Do you still love me?"
America's face was frozen and I became scared.
"Maxon...I..."
"America please, I need to know."
She started to cry and got out of her seat and ran out of the house.
I ran after her. She was not running away agin.

America's POV
I tried running but Maxon was faster than me.
"America stop!"
He grabbed my wrist and I stoped.
"Please Maxon just let me go."
"I'm sorry America, I didn't mean to put you in an awkward position I just wanted to know. Sorry."
I pulled my hands out of his grasp and he didn't fight me. I walked farther and sat in the grass. Maxon followed me and sat down beside me.
"Why did you come here?" I asked.
"I want to be a part of your family America. I love you. And I love Eadlyn and Ahren even though I have only have known them for one week, I love them."
My heart melted, he loved us. I started to cry. The difference was these tears were tears of joy.
Maxon cupped my face and used his thumb to wipe the tears on my cheek.
Just then it started to rain. Maxon started to laugh.
"What?" I ask
"Oh nothing, just smiling at the memories."
"We should go inside." I say.
"Or," Maxon says standing up. "We can dance."
Maxon offers me his hand to help me up. I take it and stand up.
"Really Maxon?" I ask rolling my eyes.
"Come on America, it will be fun."  I think about it. It would be fun.
"Fine. But only for a little while."
He smiles and steps closer.
"Great."
The rain starts to comedown harder. Maxon wraps one hand around my waist. I place one on his shoulder. Maxon takes my hand and we start to dance to the sound of the rain. Maxon hair had fallen around his face. I loved when his hair was messy. Then I stepped on his foot.
"Ow!"
"Sorry!" I say. "I still am a bad at dancing."
Maxon spins me around. "Your a wonderful dancer America."

Marlee's POV
I had been watching Kriss for a while and there where no clues that she was pregnant. I even went to the Hospital Wing and found a nurse that was a very dear friend of mine, and asked her if she new Kriss was pregnant. She said that Kriss never came to the hospital wing and they knew nothing about her being pregnant.
I was walking in one of the hallways when I ran smack into Kriss.
I wanted to confront her right then and there. But she was my queen and I was just a servant.
"Sorry Your Majesty.
"Omg Marlee. I hope you didn't hurt the baby." She said placing a hand on her stomach.
I didn't mean to but I rolled my eyes.
"What!?" She yells
"Nothing Your Majesty."
"No tell me!" She says.
"I'm afraid if I do I will over step my balance."
She pulls me into a room and closes the door.
"Tell me!" She yells
"... I now your not really pregnant Kriss."
Her eyes grow big.
"I know that all you are trying to do is get rid of America and her kids. I thought you were better than that Kriss. If you really loved Maxon you would let him be with America and his kids!"
I felt a sharp burn on my face. Kriss slapped me.
"He doesn't love America! He loves me! He choose me! And that skank is only trying to take him from me!" Kriss yelled.
I wanted to slap her but I couldn't. She could have me killed.
"As soon as Maxon comes back I'm telling him the truth!"
"If you do let me just say you will regret it! I will through you out of the palace and have you canned, agin! You seem to be very fond of them. And your little son, what's his name, Kile. I will take you from him and throw him in an orphanage!!
Tears started to fall out of my cheeks. What do I do. I want Maxon and America to get his happily ever after. They had done so much for me. But Kriss was threatening my family.
I walked out of the room. I had no choice but to stay silent.

America's POV
Maxon spun me agin and this time he dipped me. I couldn't help but giggle. My heart was gleaming. Maxon lifted me back up. Our eyes where locked and our faces were so close.
Maxon's lips brushed mine and he kissed me.
I felt a burning feeling in my chest. I hadn't felt this feeling in my heart for three years. It was more amazing then I remembered. Maxon look his hand and laced it in my hair. I wrapped my arms around his neck. I knew I shouldn't be doing this. Maxon was married to Kriss. But this feeling was so amazing I didn't care. All to soon Maxon broke the kiss.
"I love you Maxon."
"And I love you America."
He kissed me agin and I melted into the feeling of Maxon's arms around me.

Authors Note
What did you think? So much happened! Marlee found out the truth about Kriss. But can't say anything. And America told Maxon she loved him and he said he loved the twins (and America) yayayyayayyay!
Please comment if you have any suggestions.
Thank you so much for reading
~ Alison🤓✌️🤘✌️

QOTD: on a scale of 1-10 how much do you hate Kriss
AOTD:14