the psycho's return

Nathaniel's (POV)

A few months later

It's been quite a while since I first met Saige and we became great friends...just friends....I've been way to chicken to ask her out and every time I tell myself I'm going to ask her out, I chicken out again. My mom even gave up on the idea of me every being able to ask her out. She told me she'd come up with another way of asking her out, but I denied her. I wanted to be classy and not hire and orchestra to ask her out instead.

Anyways, no more chickening out, "today will hopefully be the day that I ask her out." I think to myself

"Yeah right!" Alex says laughing, I guess I didn't say in my head, whoops.

"Hey, have some faith in your little brother."

"I lost all that a few months back."

"Hey, I'm trying here."

"Whatever, she's out of your league anyways. She's cool and you're a chicken."

These past months Saige and Alex have been getting pretty close friends. After getting shot down by her the first day we all met, he knew I my feelings toward her before me so he 'backed off' or so he says. Anyways, they did become good friends and at least I don't have competition now.

"Hey! Earth to Nate!" he says waving a hand in front of my face,

"What is it?" I ask

"Turn around." he says and I instantly regret it. "Go get your dignity back." He says smirking as he get's comfortable.

'Alright this is it, you can do it.' I give myself a pep talk before I get up.

"Hi Saige." I say waving

"Hi."

There was a brief awkward pause until we both say at the same time, "There's something I want to ask?" and before I can respond back, she puts her hand on top of my mouth and says,

"Will you go out with me." she asks quickly and probably at that moment both mine and Alex's mouth was wide open!"

"Uuuuhhhhhh, what...did you ask again?"

"I know that we're friends and all, but I...-- like you and I was.......wondering if you'd like to go out on a date with me?  I wont care if you r--" before she can take it back I reply by saying

"Yes, definitely yes," I say

"Great then--" she says but I cut her off.

"I'll set it up and pick you up at 8 tomorrow, if that's all right?" I qsk

"I'd love that ." She say

"Alright then..." I say being awkward as ever.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She says and leaves, but before she does, she kisses my cheek and leaves me stunned....

"So......what just happened?" Alex asks as confused as I am

"I have no Idea either so don't bother asking me."

"At least I'm not the only one so okay." He says and we go back to whatever we were doing before, but I didn't pay attention, all I thought was, 'I can't believe I'm going on a date with Saige.'

When I got home, my mother already found out about the news and had a brand new suit and a bouquet of flowers already ready set up for me.

"You do know the date is tomorrow, right?"

"Then I get to spend the rest of tonight and the day tomorrow teaching you how to talk to a girl with words instead of,  I---, Y--ou, beautiful?"