Chapter 4

A bell rang just as I walked in to the class. I knew something was wrong before I even looked. All the students in the class got quiet, and looked straight at me. The teacher looked up and smiled not even noticing the looks people were giving me, “Hello you just made it. Did you get lost?”

I tore my gaze from my new class to answer, “Yeah I took the wrong hall.” “Well you should figure that out before tomorrow but for now find a seat.” I had to sit in the only seat open which was in the back and had a sign that said troublemaker, like my life wasn’t going down the toilet anyway.

“Hello I am your homeroom teacher Mr. Zacabog.” Now if I didn’t feel like I was in a pit full of snakes that were waiting to strike, I would have laughed. “You will come to this room or where ever I am if something is going on. Like an assembly.”

“Welcome to high school. I’m sure you all are looking forward to the next four years. The biggest thing about high school is you meet an array of new people.” Doesn’t he know how small River Lake is? “You will meet people just like you and people that may be your complete opposites.” Wow I wonder how many weretigers are in this class, by the smells zero so I guess Mr. Zacabog is wrong.

“To get you all familiar with each other how about we all stand up and say your name and something about yourself.” Well at least I’m in the farthest seat possible so maybe the bell will ring before I have to go. “And we will start in the back with you young lady.”

My day just gets better and better. I stand up and everyone turns and looks at me. I clear my throat and say, “Hi my name’s Taylor Bite and I have…” I was going to say been home schooled but someone else yelled out, “Rabies!”

The whole class burst into laughter. “Hey, everyone quiet, that was hardly appropriate!” I relaxed; at least the teacher was on my side. “Young lady please say your real last name.” Well so much for getting my hopes up. “That is my real name.” “Well we’ll see.” He opened a folder and looked inside. “Oh Taylor Bite my bad, sorry. Anyway keep going.”

By the time the bell rang everyone went, I got two not very nice letters, and got hit in the face with spit balls. Yeah, it’s going to be one great year.