Chapter 9: Death By Clown

;) 

Please let me know if you enjoyed the chapter by voting & leaving feedback! I would really appreciate it! :))))

P.S- (The weird spaces? No idea. I'm also seeing a lot of italics that don't belong, so I hope it's just a glitch...)

P.P.S- PLAY THE MUSIC DURING THE CHAPTER. :D

* * *          

      Running into that funhouse definitely wasn't one of my best ideas.

            I pushed against dark, cramped walls, having no idea where to go or whether or not something would pop out. The constant sensation of anxiety settled deep in my gut, raising the hairs on the back of my neck, and escalating my pulse. I moved too quickly, too fearfully. Stumbling over myself in the dark, using and hands as guides like a blind person. I couldn't believe how stupid I had been, coming into the funhouse alone and unharmed. It was impulsive. However, if I hadn't come to save the kid, I would have regretted it immensely, especially if the kid had gone missing... or worse. Plus David, and all of the other people at the carnival were probably still unable to move, and I had to get Death to turn whatever he had done to them off.

            A brilliant white light flicked on ahead, and a black childlike shadow stood in front of it, waving at me. "Hey! Hey, don't move! I'm coming!" I hurried forward, when a gust of air smashed into my face, blowing my hair back at all different angles. Then another gust of air threw itself into my body, propelling me backwards. I pressed forward against the airstream, feet sliding frictionlessly along the ground.

             Evil laughter erupted from speakers around me. Startled, I lost my footing against the air, stumbling into thick curtains at my left, falling through them into another room that was so hot and dusty, it was hard to breathe. There was very little lighting, just like the last room, except for a single, intense light bulb, dangling eerily from the ceiling, creating stretched out, ominous shadows along the walls.

            I started to feel like I was dreaming.

            Get a hold of yourself. You need to save the kid from that monster.

            Masculine laughter filled the room.

            Death.

            "Show yourself!"

            "Give up now while you can," Death's deep, accented voice crept into my head like velvet.

            I ground my teeth together. "Let the boy go, Death."

            "I already did, he wasn't the one I wanted," Death replied, cheerful. "I got rid of him the easiest way I knew how..."

            My heart skipped a beat. "You didn't--?"

            "This is going to be fun." Death's laughter boomed, rattling my nerves. "Especially after I do this."

            Abruptly, a blast of compressed air hit me in the face, knocking me back. The wall gave out from behind me and I fell a great distance, crashing to the ground, hitting my head hard.