Sixteen

*12 months later*

It's been 12 months since my transformation and my life has changed completely. Me, Howard and Andrew set up the organization that we now called S.H.I.E.L.D. It stands for Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division. Wow I can't believe I remembered that, I usually fumble on my words. As you may guess Howard came up with the long name, I shortened it.

SHIELD is based just outside New York in a building built by Howard. Well he didn't build it himself, he just designed it and got other people to do it. The building was made mainly because in the past year SHIELD has grown massively with people constantly coming in to become a part of SHIELD. Many are turned away as I've been doing little training tests on them and only a few have passed.

The news of me being the first woman super soldier spread and everyone now knows me as Agent Gomez. Only Andrew and Howard call me Ashley anymore. I guess it's something I have to get use to. Apparently I am the one to fear if anyone attempts to do anything that shouldn't be done. I'm not that scary really. But I have been training a lot to get my acrobatic moves in tact. I never knew how much I could do when I out my mind to it.

You're probably wondering where Peggy is by now since I haven't mentioned her. Well I did want her to join SHIELD but I knew how much she wanted to stay where she was in the army so I didn't bother asking. But that plan went to rubbish as according to Howard she's now working in a office, still with the army though. But it's just she's the only woman in her part.

Meanwhile though me and Howard have been trying to find the Tesseract that fell in the ocean along with Steve and the plane. It's taken a while but Howard seems to think he has a rough idea. He said he's going to go and fish it out as soon as he has a good idea where it is.

I still miss Steve just as much as I did a year ago. I always wear his and Bucky's dogtags and I never intend to take them off. They are now a part of me, and Andrew and Howard understand that. I always have a picture of them both on my desk just so I can see them everyday. I've done enough crying, I just smile at the memories we shared.

"Agent Gomez" An agent stormed into my office. The agent was called Agent Bourne, first name James. He was one of the first agents we appointed and me and him have got on very well. As you can tell I believe in having a friendship with people I work with. It's better to work with them that way I think.

"Knock" I warned James. He groaned turning back knocking on the door and coming back in.

"Sorry, it's just Mr Fury wanted to see you" I got up from my desk and let James lead me to Mr Fury's office. Andrew was now director of SHIELD and was in charge of everything that happened here. He was even in charge of me. James knocked for me and let me in before shutting the door behind me.

"Take a seat Ashley" I walked foreword and took a seat in front of Andrew's desk. "I need you to go fetch an Agent."

"Fetch an Agent?" I asked. We very rarely got called out to ask someone to part of SHIELD.

"You know her. Very well." I tilted my head foreword for Andrew to carry one. "Her name is Margaret Peggy Carter. She managed to take out a whole group of people last night that would have taken around 4 or 5 agents to do alone. I have her workplace written here" He reached for a piece of paper and handed it to me. It had a workplace and address on it. So this is where she's been hiding. "Mission accepted?"

"Mission accepted" I smiled thanking Andrew before getting up and leaving his office. I took the piece of paper with me and told two agents to come with me. Andrew ordered for two agents to come with me when we go to ask someone to join SHIELD.