Chapter 10

“So what classes do you have?” Summer and I were sitting on a bench in the hall. I was looking at my schedule. “After homeroom?” “Yeah, you don’t say much do you?” “I have math with Mr. Zacabog.” Well that’s going to be a fun class.

“We have the same class!” She jumped up, I looked at her and smiled it was nice to meet someone almost as weird as me. I heard whispering and I turned. Three people were over by the water fountain talking about Summer. I had forgotten that I wasn’t the most liked person in the school now Summer was going to be right next to me on people’s hate list.

“Hey Summer, maybe you should just leave me alone.” I liked her; she was really nice so I didn’t want people to hate her just for being near me. She turned and looked at me, hurt in her eyes. Then one of the people by the fountain laughed. Me and Summer turned and the people ran down the hall.

That made me realize the hall was empty, just like on my first day. “I think the bell is going to ring soon see you later.” I started walking away and Summer followed. “You know I don’t really care what people say. A lot of people don’t even know I am life. Besides you’re nice I can tell even if you don’t talk much.”

I will never say this again but that made me very happy to hear. “Well should we get to class then Ms. True?” She looked at me and smiled. Then in a fake accent she said, “Of course Ms. Bite of course.”We ran down the hall just as the bell rang.