Chapter twenty six: God, I hate Mayhem.

He does. Everything goes oddly quiet. One Mississippi. Two Mississippi. Three Mississippi. Four Mississippi. Five Mississippi.

He pulled away from me for a second and looks at me, his eyes filled with lust and desire. He pushes me backwards and my back comes in contact with the ground. Then, we kiss again. The next kiss is the kind that breaks open the sky. It steals my breath and gives it back. It shows me that every other kiss I've had in my life has been wrong. Like our lives depend on it. His tongue slips inside my mouth, gentle but demanding, and it's nothing like I've ever experienced, and I suddenly understand why people describe kissing as melting because every square inch of my body dissolves into his. My fingers grip his hair, pulling him closer. My veins throb and my heart explodes. I have never wanted anyone like this before. Ever.

We were cut off by my phone ringing.

"Seriously? Who the hell calls someone at two in the morning?" He groaned as he hovered over me still.

I giggled at his reaction them reached over for my phone. "Orange." I stated answering the phone.

"Ace." Jude sighed, "Hey. Your dad said you went to bed but I assumed you were just binge watching Gilmore girls again."

Asher kissed my neck and my breath hitched, "Mmhm. Yeah, I'm on the episode where Jess writes the notes in the margin of her book. I hate rewatching it because I keep wishing for them to be together forever but I know that doesn't happen." I said and tried to push Asher away. He pressed a kiss to my lips then to my cheek and my forehead, then my lips again making my cheeks flame bright red.

"Oh my god it pisses me off that she goes back to Dean but won't go back to Jess." He groaned in annoyance.

"So what's up?" I asked changing the subject.

He sighed, "Nothing. I just feel bad because I had to leave so suddenly, and such bad timing too. Especially with Chase there. My god."

At Jude's words, Asher froze, "Yeah." I said and held up a finger indicating I'd tell him in a minute.

"Did he say anything to you?"

"Not really..he tried taking me back home but Damien and Blake wouldn't let him take me and I really didn't want to talk to him yet." I explained and Jude grunted.

"God I hate Mayhem." Asher scowled at his words and I rolled my eyes.

"Jude I'm really tired so can I call you tomorrow?" I faked a yawn.

"Yeah, goodnight."

"Night." I said then once he hung up I tossed my phone to the side and glared at Asher. "Not cool."

"Not cool." He mimicked then leaned down and pecked my lips with a smile.

"You know I'm not even allowed to be talking to you let alone kissing you at two am in the middle of an abandoned building." I stated matter of factly and he rolled his eyes. We got our stuff and made our way back to the car.

He turned the lights off and we walked back out into the alley and up to the street.

"I love New York at night. It's so peaceful." I stated and looked around the deserted streets.

"I like it during the day, I like seeing the city brought to life." He explained as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pressed a kiss to the crown of my head as we approached the car.

We climbed in and took off.

"Are you sure your face is okay?" I asked him as I eyed the bruises I put on it. I went to press my thumb against it to how bad it was but he grabbed my hand away then kissed my knuckles.

"I'm fine princess, its nothing compared to what I'm used to." he laughed lightly and I huffed as my cheeks deceived me once again.

"You shouldn't be used to it." I mumbled and he rolled his eyes.

"What do you expect? I run Mayhem. I grew up in it." He chuckled and turned the radio on.

I began singing along to the radio and scrolled through my Instagram feed.

I stopped and a crooked smile made its way to my face when I saw a picture that I had taken with Jace and the guys earlier. I clicked on the picture and followed the guys who were tagged before I liked and commented on the picture.

"What're you grinning at?" Asher asked curiously.

"Just a picture I took with the guys earlier." I laughed lightly, "I don't know why you don't like them. They're really cool."

He let out a breath, "I don't know, I don't hang out with my little brothers friends or sleep with my girlfriends sister so."

My mouth gaped, "In my defense Jace looked-"

"I don't need to know." He cut me off. I laughed and leaned over and turned his head to look at me. I kissed him and he grinned before turning back to the road.

My eyes focused on the passing building as we made our way back to the house.