[50]

Mark:

Two weeks had passed now and the people in school slowly got used to my appearance and the fact that I was having a baby. They had stopped to insult me. Some still threw stupid comments at me but I didn't care.

Some people didn't seem to change but they should keep on talking if it made them feel better. The most of the other students had started to ignore me again but that was better than their staring.

Our little baby had even kicked sometimes which had made me and Jackson very happy. Our baby mainly moved when he was speaking or touching my belly. I loved it when the he or she moved.

The day of my appointment had finally come and especially Jackson was very excited. He had talked about it nonstop but that had changed when were on our way to my appointment. He seemed a bit nervous now.

We walked through the city and I noticed that Jackson was a bit distracted. Actually, I wouldn't even worry about that but he had been so excited this morning and I wondered what happened.

"Jackson? Are you OK?" I asked carefully. The boy looked at me for a moment before he nodded. "More or less. I'm just nervous." He told me and I wasn't really sure if that was everything.

Nervousness was completely normal, especially because it was the first time he came with me and the first time that he would see his child live, see it moving a bit and hear it's heartbeat. I was nervous, too.

It was always a new experience to see this little human on screen and to know that this tiny thing was my own child. It made me happy. I had seen it so many time but it always felt like it was my first time.

"Do you think everything is alright? I sometimes fear that the baby is sick or that something isn't ok. I want her or him to be fine." The blonde explained what surprised me. I didn't think that he had thoughts like this.

I smiled softly and grabbed his hands. We stopped walking and looked at each other. "Hey. Our baby is fine. It moves and we both have felt that it lives." I told him and squeezed his hands.

He nodded a bit and looked down at my belly before he softly stroked it with his right hand. "You're right. I'm sorry for worrying." Jackson excused his words but I just shook my head and let go of his hands.

"Your thoughts are completely normal. Every parent fears that something could be wrong. Even I have those fears sometimes but as long as nothing happens, I know everything is good." I said.

"Are you really sure? I've read what can go wrong." He asked me again and I nodded in response. "I am sure. Our little one is healthy and I absolutely doubt that this will change." I answered smiling.

We slowly started walking again and I felt relieved when Jackson calmed down again. The sparkle of excitement in his eyes was back and we happily kept on walking to the doctor.

I really wondered what we were going to have. My inner feeling didn't tell me anything and I actually could imagine us with both. Our child would be loved no matter what gender it had.

Jackson had the opinion that it would easier to raise a boy because the both of us were men and if we had a son, he would learn everything from us. I didn't know if that automatically meant that Jackson preferred a boy.

I was ok with both. Just because we were men didn't mean that we wouldn't be able to raise a girl, too. Of course, we weren't that experienced with "girl problems" but I was sure we could manage it.

But the only thing I definitely needed to hear today was that the baby was healthy. Sometimes I worried that I didn't take enough care of my health. I wasn't really used to relax all day but I slowly had to.

I shouldn't carry heavy things and also shouldn't so the most kind of sports. And I also had to take care that I didn't get too much stress which hadn't been easy during the last weeks.

School had stressed me a lot. I hadn't felt any pain or anything during the last time and I actually didn't worry because the baby was moving but who knew if there was something happening inside my belly.

We finally entered the building and I walked over to the familiar desk where the nurse was already smiling at me. "Hello Mark. Are you here for a checkup?" She asked me and I nodded.

"Yes. I'm finally finding out what I'm having." I told her full of excitement. She smiled and looked at Jackson. "And you're the father?" The nurse asked and a small blush appeared on my friend's cheek.

"Yes. I'm Jackson." He introduced himself what made the woman chuckle a bit. "It's nice to meet you. You can sit down in the waiting room and I'll call you when the doctor is ready." She said.

I thanked her and leaded Jackson to the waiting where we said down on two chairs. I looked down at my hands which were placed on my lap. Not even fifteen minutes and I would know my baby's gender.

My heart was nearly beating out of my chest and I slowly realized that this wonderful moment was closer than ever. And I could even share it with my child's father. It couldn't be any greater.

I noticed that Jackson was nervously playing with his hands and placed a hand on his upper arm. "Relax. Everything is going to be alright. Don't worry." I told him and he nodded quickly.

I starred at the clock and sighed. Of course, the time wouldn't pass faster if I checked it every two seconds. That's how it had been the whole day. My eyes had never left the clock for more than five seconds.

I leaned back and waited for the familiar voice to call and Jackson in. This appointment was very important for me and I was sure that he felt the same way about it. His nervousness spoke for itself.

We were going to have a little baby crawling around and today we would know if it would either be a little princess or a little prince. No matter what it was, I couldn't wait to find it out.

Hello! We're back with another chapter.

I think the baby's gender will be revealed in the next chapter. It should be up some time later!

Thank you for reading 💙