#3 The hearing

Aditya.

"Uncle.." Aditi ran to Uncle Prakash as soon as we spotted him and he enveloped her in a warm hug.

We are finally at the airport and Uncle Prakash personally came to pick us up.

"It's Dad, Call me dad" He scolded her lovingly "But what happened to your lovely hair? Aditi, You looks more like a boy now!"

I was angry at her too, Aditi has cut off her beautiful hair completely, Leaving it very short.

With the skinny jeans and white shirt with a denim jacket over, She looked more like a Boy now.

When I was angry, She told me that she no longer cares about how she looks.

I tried to block my worries as I walked to uncle Prakash with a smile.

"Dad" I reached him "We are finally here," I said

After we lost our family, It was Uncle Prakash who saved us, Recordically we are his son and daughter now, Officer Ajith Roy had helped us with hiding our real identity, So it was foolproof all this time.

Ajith sir was going to expose Surya group and We were planning to come back to India after that.

"I'm glad to welcome you back, "Uncle said. "C'mon, Let's go home"

"We..um..can we get our own place? It will be difficult for you to share it with us"

"No way," Uncle Prakash said sternly. "I won't be comfortable if I let you live alone, At Least not for the next six months, You are my kids and there's nothing wrong with staying with me," he said "Moreover, I won't be home most of the time, I will be spending most of the time in the hospital," He said.

I nodded quickly.

"Do you really want to...go after them?"He asked us slowly.

Aditi and I exchanged a glance and quickly looked away.

He didn't want us to go after Surya group, He wanted us to settle down and have a normal life. But with Ajith sir's death, everything changed.

"Okay" he changed the subject and turned to me "once you join the emergency medicine department in the hospital, You will be very busy too, So Aditi will be left alone most of the time, It's better this way," he said.

Aditi changed her career after the death of our family, She couldn't face trauma cases and she took business as her major.

"Yea, We will do that" I nodded.

"Come on, I have a surgery scheduled at night, I need to leave after seeing that you are settled"

He's the cardiothoracic surgeon at the same hospital where I am joining.

"You shouldn't have come here, uncle-"

"Aditi...It's Dad" he corrected her again "And I'm here to pick up my kids, What's wrong in that?" He asked us.

Guilt filled me, Like every time I watched him.

He had lost his only son and I am currently using his Identity to live.

I cannot tell him sorry for anything, So I just agree with him most of the time.

"Aditi, You should start calling him Dad," I told her seriously "It's not difficult once you start it"I added.

I know what her problem is. She doesn't want to acknowledge anyone else by that term, She was a daddy's girl when our parents were alive.

Aditi.