Non-Herbal Treatment & Herb Care

Other Non-Herbal Treatments:

1. Gently nipping a cat's spine or poking it hard with a claw tests to see if the backbone is broken. If the subject does not feel the nip or poke, then the spine is broken. Many times a medicene cat will have to poke/nip the subject multiple times in different places to find the break.

2. Licking a cat's fur can help clean wounds, comfort/calm down a shocked or grieving cat, and warm a cat who has become very cold. (Lick the cat's fur the wrong way to do this. The last method is most often used on kits.)

3. Soaking moss in water and holding the dripping moss before a sick, injured or weak cat makes it easier for them to drink. Soaked moss can also be used to cool feverish cats.

4. Rosemary or mint can be used to lighten the death-scent of a dead cat before burial.

5. Using nectar, honey or mouse blood can make herbs sweeter and more appealing to cats-therefore making it easier to take the medicine.

6. Holding a swelling wound in cold water takes down swelling. Cats can also soothe scraped pads by soaking them in water.

7. A cat with weak or hurting muscles/bones can take part in water therapy. Have them wade in water that is not too deep or shallow, and eventually they'll get stronger.

8. Having a sick cat wail or yowl keeps their lungs and chest clear of mucus.

Taking Care of Your Herbs:

Here is how a medicene cat should keep their herbs fresh and useable.

-If any herbs are wet, leave them out in the sun until they dry.

-Gather fresh herbs when your stock gets low.

-Leave enough of the herb on the plant you use for gathering it so it can reproduce.

-Check your store often and throw out old herbs or herbs that have lost their healing qualities.