Castle on the Hill

(Tom's POV)

"Matilda?" She grabs the stairs and holds on like her life depends on it, "you need to tell me what is wrong now!"

And just like that she dropped a bombshell, "You sound just like my dad!"

"I sound like your- MATILDA!" Her eyes roll to the back of her head, and her body goes limp her head smashes onto the stairs, I try to catch her but I miss, "Matilda." I say again "can you hear me?" Wait stupid question she's unconscious, I can't leave her on the stairs but I don't know if I can lift her either. I slide my arm under her back and the other under her legs, once I have her I'm my arms I walk her over to the couch I lay her down and slide a pillow under her head. I kneel down next to Matilda's head and I gently stroke the hair off her face, I pull out my phone and I call Ben.

"Hey mate what's up?" He asks when he answers the phone,

"Ben! Matilda fainted I need you to come over now."

"I'm on my way." He hangs up the phone, I watch Mal closely to make sure that she's still breathing. The front door opens, and Ben rushes in, he flys into the kitchen and comes into the living room a second later with a wet cloth. "Put this on her head." He instructs, I take the cloth from him and I place it on Mal's head, "did she hit her head?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Because," he lifts her up by her shoulders and reveals the small pool of blood that has formed under Matilda's head, "call an ambulance Tom, I'll clean up her head."

{~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}

(Matilda's dream)

"Hello?" I call, "is anybody there?" I look around but it's just me. I take a step forward I look down at my body, I'm shocked by my outfit. It's a white Lacey dress, my hair is curled and there is a flower crow perching on top of my head. I take another step forward and the door at the end of the hall opens I run towards the door, laughing with glee. Once I'm outside I'm on top of a hill covered in lush green grass off in the distance is a castle. I start running, holding my dress up as I run. I smile knowing nobody can hurt me here.

{~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}
(Toms POV)

Later that night after the ambulance arrived, and took Mal to the hospital I lost my mind, Ben had to slap me to snap me out of it, I called my mum and sisters and explained what happened and they agreed to meet me at the hospital, when I drove over all I could do was think, and hope, and pray. When I get to the hospital my mum and sisters were are already there. There standing at the reception desk talking to the doctor, I slowly approach the doctor she's had soft hazel eyes and auburn hair

"Pardon but do you know where my daughter is?" My mother turns around,

"Thomas!" She exclaims "what took you so long?"

"I uh- freaked out a little, Ben had to calm me down."

"Well they wouldn't let us go back, they wanted you here first."

"Can we go back now?"

"Sure," the doctor says with a smile " but you should know that we did have to stitch the cut on the back of you daughters head, and she will most likely have a mild concussion"

"Do you know what caused her to faint." The doctor shrugs, "I know that she has PTSD, does that have anything to do with it."

"Well what were you two doing before she fainted?" The doctor asks, I explain that we had made bet and Matilda got super sick super fast when I spoke to her in my accent and right before she fainted she told me that I sounded like her dad. The doctor nods and shoves her hands in her pockets,

"That probably triggered something for her, it could have scared to the point where it made her sick, come on I'll show you to her room." I sigh shakily, Shara grabs my one hand and Emma grabs the other,

"It's Alright Tom, she's going to be okay" Emma says,

"She's a tough kid." I let a single tear roll down my cheek,

"What would I do without you two." I lean down and kiss Emma on the top of her head and I wrap my arm around Shara"I love you guys."

{~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}

(Matilda's Dream)

I'm laying in the grass field look up at the sky, my hands on my stomach hair spread every which way, it's peaceful and I never want to leave.

"Matilda?" A voice says, I sit up and look around nobody's here. "Matilda it's Emma, I know your hurt right now but you need to wake up for Tom. He's so angry at himself he thinks he did this to you, come back to us please." Come back? What does she mean, how long have I been asleep for? "You've only be asleep for a day but I need you to wake up now, okay just try."

I would come back but I don't know how to, "okay." I say towards the sky "I want to leave now" I slap my hands against my legs and an oxygen mask appears over my face I stumbled backwards and my dress turns into a hospital gown my once curled hair is now matted, I fall back words and land in the hospital bed, it's dark I slowly start to open my eyes light fills my vision, I let out a soft groan and someone squeeze my hand

"Hey Mal, its Emma. Tom is out with Shara and grandma, he's not taking this too well." She says, I open my eyes and Shara is sitting next to me.

"It's so bright, what happened? How did I get here?" My voice is muffled by an oxygen mask.

"Darling you fainted and hit you head pretty hard, the doctor thinks you have a concussion and they had to stitch up the back of your head."

I try to pull the breathing mask off, but Emma stoped me

"You leave that on. I'm going to go get Tom" Emma stands up and walks out of the room, when Tom comes in I'm not ready for it he's been crying for a while, his eyes are red and puffy,

"Hi Tom." I say, my voice is horas

"Hi Mal, mom can you give a second."

"Sure darling, girls let's wait outside." Shara and Emma follow Diana out of the room, and I'm left alone with Tom.

"How how are you feeling?" Tom asks running his hand over his stubble,

"My head hurts and I can't see straight but other than that, I'm fine."

"That's that's good" Tom takes a seat next to my bed, and grabs my hand he hesitate for a second "look Mal I'm sorry, I didn't think that I would upset you I just wanted us to get closer and I thought by doing that accent thing we we would."

"Tom I don't want you to feel angry or upset and I don't want you to be mad at yourself, but what I want you to do is talk in your Canadian accent. Please I need to hear my dad one last time, and and I know it's not actually him but I miss him so much, and your pretty fuzzy too so."

Tom looks down at the floor than up at me,

"Matilda Tara Hiddleston," I brake out in a giddy smile "You are my daughter and I love everything about you, and I know this move has been hard but your strong, always be strong." Tom squeeze my hand,

"Thanks Dad."