Barbeque: Part One

I yanked Aaron's arm down to bring him closer, so I could talk to him.
"The barbeque? I thought, we were going to plan it together." I questioned, suddenly feeling uneasy.

Aaron laughed slightly before kissing my forehead.
"Well, change of plans. I've already planned it and it's on Thurday, so wear something pretty, doll face." He clarified, a teasing tone to his voice. I resisted the urge to punch him and bit my lip in thought.

Thursday was gonna be one hell of a day, that's for sure.

***************

Breathe, Alexis, Breathe

I inhaled deeply again before letting out yet another laboured breath. The breathing strategy, that I found on WikiHow, was clearly not much help to alleviate my panic, but I tried again in the hope that my speedy heartbeat would slow down.

Today was Thursday: the day that I would reveal the current state of my condition, but I, honestly, still was not ready. Everytime, I thought of what was to come or of what I was to do, a new sheen of sweat would layer my forehead.

I stepped out into Aaron's back garden to see a beautiful green yard, freshly mowed. Right at the far end there was garden tables, lined up by the fence with a variety of snacks and drinks. The garden wasn't all green grass, however, there was a wooden patio-styled flooring to the side and, on there, was a barbeque grill.

"You look beautiful."

I turned to see Aaron smiling at me, his hands in his pocket as he walked towards me.

I laughed at his words, looking down at the red and white floral dress I was wearing. It hugged my waist nicely and then splayed out, stopping just above my knees. The dress was paired up with the red heels I was wearing. I folded my arms.
"Thanks for the compliment, Aaron, but I'm pretty sure the only reason for your kind words is because you just bought me this dress yesterday." I replied curtly, walking further into the garden.

Aaron smiled, shrugging his shoulders and followed behind me.
"Maybe." He teased with a laugh, covering his face when my hand reached out to hit him. He held his hands up in mock-surrender to which I halted in my actions of trying to dent his angelic face.

"I'm joking, I'm joking." He laughed out before moving closer to me. He reached out a hand and placed it on my arm; I revelled in the warmth of his touch. He took in my whole appearance before speaking.

"In all honestly, I could have bought you a potato sack to wear and you'd still make it work." He let out gently, a slight smile on his face. I blushed at his words before quickly recovering and swatting his hand away.

"That's sweet, Aaron, but I'm more concerned of how you knew my size. You know, that's borderline creepy, right?" I retorted teasingly to which Aaron's smile widened. He shook his head slightly before speaking.

"You know, I really want to lie and say that I snuck into your room and read the tags of your clothes just to scare the shit out of you, but no. I remember lending you Avalon's dress to wear and it fit you perfectly. I used to buy her dresses all the time, so I already knew the size." He explained and I nodded my head at his words.

He looked behind me, his eyebrows furrowing.
"Where are your parents? They were supposed to come with you." He questioned to which I nodded yet again.

I put a stray strand of hair behind my ear before speaking.
"Well, Dad should have finished work by now and Mom was just finishing up on having a shower, so Dad will pick her up and they'll both be here in around 10 minutes." I explained, a confused look on my face when Aaron suddenly smirked.