Chapter 45

A/N: Just to avoid possible confusion, this has jumped timed a little bit to a few months down the track. Also for future reference it is probable that I will do it again but I will always try to make it obvious or let you guys know.

WARNING: SMUT!!!!

For the first time since you can remember you actually feel relaxed. Bucky, who had the day off from having to going to S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters for whatever reason insisted that you go have the day to yourself while he looked after the kids.

"Just go have some fun, honestly you deserve it. In fact I'm pretty positive you need it. You haven't been yourself lately. Go buy yourself something nice, get your hair done, get your nails done, eat some nice food, and when you come home I'll have a lovely dinner cooked for you. I'll clean the house. I'll look after the kids for the day. I'll take Luke to school and look after Isla and Theo. It won't be that hard, I can handle it. I am their father after all." Those were his exact words.

The reason you know you needed a "me" day is because you actually didn't feel that guilty about agreeing, you actually felt relieved.

"Okay, but then you get the day off tomorrow and I'll do the same for you," you insisted.

"Trust me doll, I spend enough time away from the kids. To me, this is a treat." He sighed.

So you did exactly as he said, you went out and bought yourself a new red lipstick, some lovely new pearl earrings because you lost one from your old set a while ago now, a lovely emerald green silk dress that would be perfect to wear out to dinner - if you ever find the time to do so ever again, which now days it just seems like you never will - you got a manicure and a pedicure and a haircut. Although you didn't eat out, however you did pick up a fancy dessert that you know is Bucky's favourite for you and him to share after dinner once the kids have gone to bed as a little thank you to him.

You walk in the door to - surprisingly - quiet at four in the afternoon. For a second you're concerned but as you look around you soon see both Isla and Luke sitting at the dinner table.

"Mummy!" Isla squeals when she sees you and leaps up from her chair, running over to give you a hug. "I missed you so much."

"Hey sweetie I missed you too!" You beam and drop your shopping bags to the ground so that you can lift her up.

"Hey mum!" Luke calls and you look over to see him looking up at you with a big toothy grin.

"Hi Luke!" You chime back. "What are you guys up to?"

"Homework," Luke says in a surprisingly chipper tone.

"And Isla? Are you doing homework too?" You frown jokingly and turn back to her smiling face right in front of yours.

"No mummy silly! I can't do homework! I don't go to school!" She giggles. "I'm drawing."

"Drawing? Oh wow can I see?" You gasp, genuinely intrigued.

"Mhm." She nods eagerly and wriggles her way out of your arms and then takes your hand to lead you over to the kitchen table where her and Luke were sat.

It's covered in a mess of papers but other than that the house looks and smells delightfully clean and tidy. You quickly skim over Luke's homework to see that he has completed majority of it before looking to Isla's artwork. Much to your surprise - and it's not just because your her biased mother - it's genuinely very good for a four year old.