Chapter 23

"Your  job is to work your little charm. Be seductive and to be ready for anything." Antonio explained after he escorted me towards my room.

"So what's the job again?" I asked sarcastically.

"Because as far as I know that's exactly who I am"

Antonio smirked at my remark. He took a step forward coming closer than I liked. He put a strand of my hair behind my ear making me shiver in disgust.

"Exactly who you are" He whispered behind my ear making me close my eyes tightly.

"Step. Away. From. Me" I said word by word through gritted teeth.

I felt his hold on my hair tighten.

"You are in no control here Princess."

"Do not call me that" I warned him quietly. I did not like anyone calling me that way. There was only one person on who's lips the nickname didn't sound wrong. Only he was allowed to call me that. No one else.

He yanked my hair painfully making me hiss in pain. My hands instinctively went towards my head trying to make him let go.

"I told you what you have to do. You are In no control here. Your daddy is not here to protect you, nor is your brother about whom I still did not forget" He warned me with a twisted smile.

Calm yourself down Gabriella. He knows about Alex. You do not want to get on this man's bad side, I told myself.

"Now about your job" He straightned up letting go of my hair. I gasped in relief.

"It is an event. You shall be dressed appropriately. You will be with Christopher at all times, the rest Is for him to tell. Start getting ready!"

With that he left me standing alone. Who did he think he was? He thought he could just touch me and get away with it? I am not afraid of him! I am afraid of what he can do.

And I swear one day I will make him pay for this.

After I let myself calm down I decided I should get ready. After going through the closet for three whole times I decided I should find Isabella. But then I remembered I didn't have her number. Even if I did have it,I still don't have a phone. I have dropped it in the forest after I finished talking.

I got out of the room in hope of bumping into Isabella. I walked desperately inspecting the royal looking castle. She could be anywhere. As I was wondering I actually did bump into someone.

I looked up to see a middle aged petite woman.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled apologetically.

"No worries" she flashed me a smile.

"I don't think I have seen you here before" 

"I'm new here" I said awkwardly. Her eyes widened and it looked like she was about to ask me something before she got interrupted.

"Gabriella Christopher wanted to see you" I heard Vincent speak up from behind me making me jump up.

"Where?" I asked him.

"In your room"

I nodded and after sending an apologetic smile on my face towards the woman walked towards my room. I opened the door to see Christopher standing there looking impatient.

"What took you so long?" He hissed.

"Traffic was horrible"  I replied sarcastically.

He send a glare towards my way before handing or more like shoving  a red box into my hands.

"What is this?" I asked him.

"A gift" He replied simply.

No sh*t Sherlock. I rolled my eyes and opened the box. There was a beautiful black lace dress inside it accompanied with a simple black mask.

My eyes widened as I looked up at him. His eyes blue eyes were twinkling with an unknown emotion.

"What is this?" 

"I thought we already went through that Princess" He raised an eyebrow.

I shook my head.

"I mean what is this? All of this? Why are you giving me this?"

"Because you are gonna wear that tonight" He answered simply.

My mouth was about to frame the classical 'o' shape, but I restrained myself. He was giving the the dress so I would wear it for tonight.

"Should I give it back to you after were done?"  I questioned.

"No Princess, that's a gift so I expect you to take it" His voice was final.

I nodded simply.

"Be ready in an hour" was all he said before leaving the room. I looked at his retiring back and back to the dress. Did he choose this himself? Or was this chosen my someone else?

I took the dress out and took another glance at it memorizing the details. It was in my taste, I thought.

After taking a shower and straightening my hair I started to do my make up. I wish Isabella was here to help me.

After I was done with my perfect make up I gently picked up the dress. I tried to zip it up but my hands wouldn't reach.

"Need help?"  Isabella's voice spoke up from behind me.

I looked back to see her leaning on the door and smirking at me. I nodded desperately and she stepped in to help me.

I finished my look with putting on the simple yet elegant mask on my face.

"