nineteen

~Camila's POV~

I couldn't sleep. I got up out of my bed and put on some shoes and a hoodie. I walked downstairs and out my front door. I saw a beautiful , bright forest and decided to go on a little walk.

In the forest, I saw deer and other animals sleeping peacefully around.

I walked deeper in the forest and I noticed something was wrong. The sky began to dim. I walk up to a small fawn and examine it.

It's eyes were wide open, and so was its mouth. I feel something wet on my right hand as I go to pet it, so I quickly pull away my hand from the fawn. It was bleeding violently.

There was a huge gash down the fawn's back and I screamed at the sight. I stood up quickly and I turned around. Just then, I saw a huge red truck barrelling towards me, both headlights blinding me.

I begin to run, screaming. I look back at the truck once more, and turn around again to see a brick wall in front of me. I stop running and back against the wall, bracing myself for the impact. The truck hits me and everything goes white.

I wake up, covered in sweat. My clock reads 1:56am. My throat is scratchy and I feel weak. I try to calm myself down and go back to sleep, but after what feels like hours, I knew I wouldn't be able to.

I impulsively reach for my phone and call the first person that pops in my mind.

I fumble with my phone and hit the call button.

"Daniel." I say, out of breath.

"Camila? What's wrong?" He asks, concerned.

"I had a bad dream. I can't sleep." I told him, my breath still shaky.

"I'm coming over. I'll be there in 5 minutes." He hung up before I could object.

~Daniel's POV~

When I get to Camila's house, I pick up her doormat and grab the spare key below it. I unlock her door and run up to her room. I see her huddled up in a blanket on the bed. I take off my shoes and join her in the bed.

I put my arm around her and she leans into my chest. I can't help but notice damp tears streaking down her face.

"Thank you." She says softly.

Instead of responding, I nuzzle my head into her hair. We lay there cuddling for a while before her shallow breaths steady and she falls asleep. Not long after, I do the same.

In the middle of the night, I wake up to her thrashing around, whimpering in my arms. I pull her closer and her eyes flick open. Tears prick her wide eyes.

"You're okay. I'm here. It's just a dream" I say, stroking her hair. I don't need to know the dream she is having to know that it is terrible. Camila is a strong girl and she wouldn't be so upset over something that didn't matter.