How To Get More Readers

Reading requests from people who ask- places where you can find if someone is taking reading requests is on someone's profile specifically their bio, or you can ask the person if they are taking reading requests. If someone is taking reading requests just drop the name of your book and hopefully thats another reader for you. Also very important is not to advertise your book by putting it on other authors profiles or books, this can be very disrespectful.

Doing a read for read- so asking other authors if they can read your book and you will read theirs. Obviously this can be a little time consuming, since you guys want to spend most of your time writing. But if you have the time and are interested in reading some other authors books, then this is a good idea.

Awards/Contests- i do have a reading list 'Current Awards' you can check out if you want to enter any awards. Good thing about awards is if you are a reader, you can also participate, of course by nominating and voting for your favourite books but you can also be a judge.

For authors, entering your books into awards can be a great way to get your book noticed and get more reads. But dont worry about winning and thinking you shouldn't enter because your book isn't good enough. Because there are awards where the judges will read your books and will give you constructive criticism on how to improve your book and what you have been doing well. Its a great way to improve your writing and who knows, you might surprise yourself and might do well in the awards :)

Book Clubs-now this one is interesting, not many people know a lot about. Now personally i am not in any book clubs. The sole reason for this is, mainly book clubs are for people who write books, but there are a few book clubs for just readers.

So kind of a snapshot of what book clubs are about. Obviously they all vary slightly. But you can 'enter' your own book and readers who are of the same group as you must read maybe one chapter a week and you must read theirs. You are to give constructive criticism as well. So this is a good way to get reads, and also to get some feedback on how your book and writing is going. Obviously there is always room to improve, right?

If you need help or advice in joining a book club, you can privately message me. There are a lot of book clubs out there and all offer something different, so its important to read all about that book club and choose the right book club for you.

TIP when joining a book club: make sure you read every chapter before you try to join the book club. Some do require specific answers and secret codes for you to enter and if you do not do it correctly, you will be denied from the book club. They do this to see if you read and understand their book club and also to see if you can follow instructions.

Here is a book club, that i recommend you to check out:

Book Club 2018 [Open] TheSilentBookCorner

I do have a reading list called "Book Clubs", if you would like to check out some different book clubs