Peter vs Rocket

Twisting, turning, flipping, and ducking, Rocket led the Guardians through the asteroid field. Not five minutes went by when the control switched, hacked by Peter taking over as the main pilot. 

"What are you doing?" asked Rocket hurriedly. 

"I've been flying this rig since I was ten years old!" said Peter, monotone evident in his voice, a nip at Rocket to stop the arguing. 

Rocket only jabbed back. "I was cybernetically engineered to pilot a spacecraft!"

"You were cybernetically engineered to be a douchebag!" 

"Stop it," chorused Gamora and Charlie.

A look of surprise wasn't necessary. Simultaneous words of discouragement when the two argued was a secret superpower of theirs, both incredibly tired of the constant bickering between the two. 

"Later on tonight, you're gonna be laying down in your bed, and there's gonna be something squishy in your pillow case, and you're gonna be like, 'What's this?' and it's gonna be because I put a turd in there!" warned Rocket. 

In Peter's state of mild shock, Rocket took advantage and hacked the control system to shift from co-pilot to main pilot. 

"You put your turd in my bed, I shave you," snapped Peter, switching the controls back to himself.

"Oh, it won't be my turd, it'll be Drax's."

Drax broke out into the typical obnoxious laughter he owned. He proudly said, "I have famously huge turds."

"We're about to die and this is what we're discussing?" asked Gamora.

"As long as it's not in my pillow case," sighed Charlie, desperate to end the threat-filled conversation. 

It only continued from there. The two screens in the center of the dash flickered like a synchronized dance, as soon as one turned green, the other flipped from red. Green and red bounced between the two screens, complete with short lines from Peter and Rocket, as they were attempting to get the other to back off. 

"Son of a--" snapped Rocket, narrowly avoiding an asteroid. 

"Dude, seriously?" asked Peter. 

"Hey, let me--"

And conversation ceased as flipping controls backfired on the two, replaced with light screaming and deep grunts, when an asteroid rammed into the tail of the ship, sending the Milano spinning throughout the air. Sparks flew throughout the ship, wind was rushing into the ears of the Guardians, telling them one thing: the ship had received damage. 

Baby Groot gripped onto Rocket's ear for balance, but was sucked into the vacuum of space flowing throughout the ship. Peter caught him from the air and threw him backwards, where Drax caught him and held him tightly to his chest. Peter stretched to hit the dashboard, repairing the ship momentarily by placing a gold barrier around the entirety of the Milano. The Guardians had normal gravity, once more. 

"Idiots!" shouted Nebula, loud enough for them to hear in the cockpit. 

"Well, that's what you get when Quill flies," said Rocket. 

Gamora whipped a piece of metal at Rocket's head, angrily. She yelled, "We still have a Sovereign craft behind us!" 

"Our weapons are down!" said Peter. 

"Twenty clicks to the jump," warned Gamora.

Drax handed off Baby Groot to Charlie, who set him on her shoulder. He wiggled underneath what hair he could, gripping tightly to the hair connected to the base of her head. She tugged at it, loosening it, but leaving it within his tiny hand as a rope, almost.

Minor turbulence turned into aggressive turbulence as the Sovereign vessel behind them had better aiming and no chance of being harmed. It changed drastically when Drax, dressed in the spacesuit and attached to the Milano by a hook on his belt, leapt from the ship and began firing with one of the weapons they held on board. 

"Ten clicks!" warned Gamora.

"Die, spaceship!" they heard Drax yell from over the intercom. In the several dashboard screens located throughout the cockpit, they could see him wiggling out of the back of the ship.

"Five clicks!" 

The Milano was clear of the asteroid field. The vast space was near, though it didn't last long. Little specks in the distance flocked like birds from around the asteroid field and surrounded the Milano. 

"Son of a..." snapped Charlie, bracing herself on Rocket's chair.

"They went around the field!" Peter said. 

Sovereign craft cornered the Milano. Charlie assumed their fingers were laid on the trigger and not let up, based on the repeating and endless fire. Explosions from the exterior of the ship started to shake the Milano, erupting grunts from all members as they tried to brace themselves. Looks of panic were exchanged when the glass began to break. 

Charlie let go of the seat. She took less than a step, aiming to grab the emergency spacesuits for everyone, but a blast of red smoke surrounded the Sovereign ships visible outside of the Milano. When it cleared, the firing had stopped and no ships were to be found. 

"One click!" shouted Gamora, urging Peter to continue flying towards the clear hexagonal opening. 

Charlie moved past Rocket's seat. Holding onto the grip above the seat, she squinted through the cracks in the window, spotting a white speck approaching from the front.

Rocket saw the same speck she did. "What is that?" 

"Who cares? That's the jump point, go, go!" said Peter, exasperated.

"A concerned surrogate mother," said Charlie, squinting her eyes. "It's a guy."

Rocket and Charlie made eye contact with him. They only barely caught him wave, as they were cut off from the endless vacuum of space, thanks to Peter flying into the vast forest planet of Berhert. 

Focusing then on the screaming over the intercom, Gamora checked the security camera at the back end of the ship. "Oh, my God. He's still out there?" she muttered. 

Wailing, Drax was dangling from the edge of the Milano. Gamora raced back to save him from dangling outside the ship. Soon enough, she too was dangling between the rope and the frayed edge of the Milano, screaming along with Drax. 

Charlie set Baby Groot on the chair Gamora sat on. She stepped forward, ushering, "Peter, c'mon, you gotta land this ship."

"Prepare for a really bad landing!" warned Peter. "Groot, put on your seatbelt!"

"What about your wife?" asked Charlie. 

"Charlie, put on your seat--" Peter tried to say. 

He stopped due to a sudden production of jostling, screaming, grunting, and the general feeling of hitting or having something being thrown into a face was evident for several minutes while Peter forced the Milano to the forest floor and it slid against the uneven ground. Turbulence shot Charlie down to the floor, holding onto the leg of Peter's chair. 

The Milano came to a stop. Charlie's head smashed into the bottom of Peter's chair. She grunted and sprawled out on the floor, groaning angrily at the situation. Her sounds of discontent was the only sound, until they heard the creaking of the wing fall off, then, the iconic, obnoxious laughter of Drax. 

And his summary of the mishap: "That was awesome!"