Doppelgänger Pt. 2

Lena was completely confused. She didn't know weather to be angry at the fact that her new employee walked out or if she should be upset that this woman cried at the site of her. She knew people hated her because of her last name but damn, she's never seen someone cry like that. It disturbed her.

She couldn't focus on her tasks before the grand opening, another children's hospital. Her cell rang and she smiled from ear to ear when her girlfriends name popped up.

"Hey babe."

"Hi my love. How is Zenara doing on her first day? Is she nice to you?"

"You sound like a mom Kara."

"Well I want to know how my girlfriends new body guard is treating her."

"Yeah about that. She took one look at me, started crying and left." Lena started rubbing away the small headache she was getting.

"That's weird. I'll have Supergirl talk to her to see what's up."

"Well, I do want her to come back. I want to know why she was crying." She looked at her watch. "Oh shit I'm gonna be late. Will I see you and Supergirl there?"

There was a silence over the phone, "Supergirl is actually oh her way to the west coast. Supposedly there are reports of kryptonite somewhere off the coast of California. So that's where she's gonna be and Cat sent me to report the findings."

"Aw that's to bad. Well I hope things go well for you two. I got to go. I love you."

"I love you too. I'll see you in a few days." Kara said looking down at her hand. There sat a little black box with a diamond ring inside. I have to tell her.

With that Kara went on her way as did Lena. Lena was super excited about the grand opening. Children hospitals are something so loves to build. She loves children although some of them still fear her last name.

                                           ***

Zenara's PoV

How? How is it that Lena looks exactly like Layla. My heart cringed at the thought of seeing her again. This is gonna be hard, working with a constant reminder of what I've lost. I wiped away my tears as I scened Lena's energy on the move. I couldn't save Layla, but I'll be damned if I let anything happen to Lena.

I took off in air, following the limo she was in. About 20 minutes of slow flying, Lena's limo stopped and she got out. I landed on the roof of a nearby building, I can see a lot from this high. I take a deep breath and energy scan the area, no alien energy. Human energy is different, just because they have low power levels doesn't mean they're not a threat. I don't know what their intentions are, so I have to be extra careful.

After a while her grand opening was underway. There were a lot of people, the thing the earthlings called media was here too. A lot of cameras and pictures being taken.

Hey there's James.

Well everything is going well until she was about to cut the ribbon. That's when I felt alien energy and an explosion, Lena's car exploded. Everyone was running for there lives. It was chaos, people running in all directions. Lena ducked behind the podium and she pulled out her gun. A weird looking gun.

I looked for the alien but I saw nothing. I can feel them there but I can't see anything. Flame came out of nowhere, this alien has to be invisible. The trees where in golfed in flames, luckily the earthlings aren't on fire. Not that I truly care. The only one I care about is Lena, who is now with, hey it's Maggie.