x| Cataracta

"Every time I open up it hurts."

decem

decem.

cataracta

a cascade of water falling from a height, formed when a river or stream flows over a precipice or steep incline.

════════

"HOW MUCH LONGER?" I ASKED AS I REACHED FOR MY BAG AND PULLED OUT A WATER BOTTLE.

Chase looked at me in shock, "you brought water?"

I shrugged, "I always take water wherever I go. You didn't?" He shook his head before running a hand through his hair. "But you knew we'd be hiking?"

"I didn't think this through," he admitted before attempting to take my water bottle from me.

I stepped back before he could do so, the bottle just out of his reach, "you make me exercise. You get no water."

He looked at me and poured childishly. I rolled my eyes and walked through the trees and plants, Chase following closely behind me.

"So you'll just let me die of dehydration?" He called behind me as I looked back over my shoulder.

"We'll see how desperate you get," I teased.

Before I knew it, however, Chase's arms were wrapped around my waist. I was lifted off the ground and spun around as his chin was buried in the crook of my neck. I giggled because of the suddenness and the fact that I was extremely ticklish around my neck area.

When he put me down on the floor, his arms were still around my waist and his chin was still resting on my shoulder, "please," he pleaded.

I rolled my eyes, "only if you get your stupid hands off of me."

He quickly kissed my cheek before untangling himself from me, "my hands are not stupid," he pouted before taking the water bottle I held out for him.

We walked for another half an hour, occasionally speaking to one another, instead saving our energy on the hike; but truthfully, I was in awe. The surroundings were so beautiful and it was so serene. When living in one of the busiest cities in the world for so long, you forget what serenity feels like. It feels amazing. Don't get me wrong, I love the buzz and energy of London - in fact, I thrive on it. But it felt amazing to be away from it, to be alone surrounded by this beauty and someone I cared about.

"We're almost there," Chase whispered after a while, leading me towards the left track.

"I didn't realise we had a destination in mind," I commented before continuing to walk, stopping every now and then to take images.