3.Her Voice

Shaub's POV:

"Mr.Reghen." Nate, my secretary calls sounding quite nervous.

"Yes." I responded going through the details of the projects for the last time.

I'm currently riding the black Maybach with my secretary driving us to the Villejoya hotel for the business meeting. It's been a week since I have arrived here in London and this is the last meeting which is very important for our company.

"Mr. Pengon called saying he would join you for the party. He had better work to do than join-" Before Nate could finish the sentence, I cut him off closing the laptop with a thud.

"When did he called?" I asked taking out the mobile from my suit pocket and scrolled through the call log.

"10 minutes ago, when you were scolding the security at the parking lot of the company." He croaked out giving me a glance from the rearview mirror at the front.

I nodded tapping on the Len profile to give him a call. Lenard Pengon is my best friend since we're in a diaper and he is the best bud I've till now. It may sound girly but we guys too have a friend with whom we share our problems and are close to our heart. But that damn brat had left me alone to deal with the devil.

Pengon and Reghen are the two powerful families who are also business associates and they have existed in harmony since the 80's. Our great grandparents, grandparents, father, and the ongoing generation are the best buddies.

The call went on but that good friend of mine didn't receive my call. I tried the second time and it goes to his voice mail. I huff locking my mobile and opened my laptop to check out some important files.

"Sir. Do you need me to call Mr. Pengon?" Nate asked after few minutes of silence but I ignored him declining his offer.

The drive to the hotel took almost an hour and Manager Lee came to receive us at the entrance.

"Welcome, Mr. Reghen." Manager Lee greeted me with pleasantry and I nodded handing my mobile to Nate.

"This way please." Manager Lee gave a polite smile and guided us inside.

Nate walked alongside me with Manager Lee in front of us and we rode the elevator to the 52nd floor reaching the conference hall. I glanced at my Rolex watch and smirked when I saw it's exactly 2 pm.

"We are here Mr. Reghen." Manager Lee informed opening the conference hall door and I entered with Nate trailing behind me.

The meeting then started and the whole time I received the hunger gaze from Ms. Brooks who was seated across me. I gave a blind eye to her useless attempt to seduce me as I do not mingle flings with the business and finally the deal was finalized. David Brooks, the devil who is the most infuriating old man to deal with was satisfied with our proposal and signed the deal for 10 years of collaboration.

"Congratulations, Mr. Reghen." David Brooks sounded forwarding his hand towards me.

"Thank you, Mr. Brooks. And congrats to you too." I said getting up from my seat and shook his hands.

David Brooks handed off the contract to his assistance and the meeting was wrapped up. We then rode the elevator to the hotel lobby and I bid farewell to my new partner but someone was not interested to say goodbye.

"Dad! Can we invite Mr. Reghen for a dinner?" Cassie Brooks the youngest daughter of Mr. Brooks purred giving puppy eyes to her daddy.

"Sure hun, why not? Mr. Reghen?" The devil looked at me as if he would dissolve our contract once I decline the offer but I'm also the Reghen to whom no one dare to order.