seven

Eve's POV

Why the heck did I come into his building in the first place? What was I going to say to him?

 Before I could manage an explanation, the lift stopped and the doors opened, revealing me of my dreaded destination. I let out a breathe I didn't even know I was holding in, condensation dripping down my skin from the tub of ice cream clasped in my hand, my palm and fingers frozen against it.

 I wracked my brain for reasons about why I would come here, so I wouldn't look like an idiot when I turned up to Harry's office in my school uniform with a tub of ice cream clutched desperately in my hands. I would ask Harry for a spoon or a jacket, that's what I thought, surely he had one of those somewhere in this building.

 I made my way to reception, only to find a different women from the last time I had been here sitting at the desk. Her long, black hair fell over one of her shoulders, red lipstick staining her lips and thick-rimmed glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose. She was pretty, very pretty, much like every other receptionist Harry ever hired.

 I cleared my throat, and she glanced up at me, her forehead creasing in confusion to why a school girl would be at the reception of one of the biggest, most highly established companies in London.

 "Welcome to Griffin's Incorporated, how may I help you?" she rehearsed, putting down the pen she was writing with and turning to face towards me.

 "I, uh... I need to see Harry Styles" I stated, my eyes catching a glimpse of Harry's closed office door at the end of the hallway.

 "You need to see him? Do you have an appointment?" she asked, moving to check her computer for any time slots in Harry's calendar with my name on it.

 "No, I don't, I just need to talk to him, I'll be 2 minutes, I'm his daughter's babysitter, he knows me" I blurted out desparately.

 "I'm sorry Miss, but Harry is in a meeting right now, and even so, you need an appointment to be able to see him" she stated nonchalantly, completely ignoring the pleading look in my eyes and the desperate tone laced through my voice.

 I groaned in frustration, my eyes stinging and becoming watery, my body overwhelmed by everything that had happened today. Harry's office was literally a few metres away from where I was standing. I opened my mouth to speak, before a voice that I hadn't expected to hear piped up.

 "Eve? What are you doing here?" Harry questioned, and the receptionist and I both snapped our heads to the source.

 Harry stood a few steps away from the meeting room he had just came out of, a few of his colleagues quietly talking to each other as they left the room behind him, walking back to their assigned offices and work areas.

 He was adorned in a tight fitting black suit, with a dark red tie fastened around his neck. His hair was tousled, mussed up off his forehead and a confused look was painted on his face as his eyes travelled up and down my body, freezing on the tub of ice cream in my hand.

 "Eve, are you ok?" He asked, a worried look washing over his face as his eyes were still trained on the tub in my hands. He glanced up at me, his face softening when he noticed my tearing eyes and my now quivering lip.

 "Come on, let's go into my office, yeah?" He smiled down at me. I nodded back, doing my best not to let the tears slip from my eyes since we were still outside for anyone to see. His hand landed on the small of my back, gently pushing me towards the direction of his office, before a shrill voice stopped us both in our tracks.

 "Mr. Styles, you have a meeting in 5 minutes with Mr. Tomlinson, and this girl doesn't even have an appointment" she reminded him, tapping her pen on the desk. I rolled my eyes at the sound of her stupid voice, anger slowly growing within me each time she opened her mouth. I heard Harry growl quietly above me, bringing his hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose and sighing heavily, obviously also angered by her presence.