Chapter 1

Ash, Misty and Brock, not to forget Pikachu of course, walked through the snow of a Mountain, which they had to cross in order to get to the next town.

Walking around it wasn't an option, as it was less a single mountain, then more like a mountain chain, blocking their way.

Suddenly snow started to fall from the skies. First one drop, then a second drop, then a third, a fourth, a twentysixed ... In a matter of seconds, it had switched from the bright sun to a snow storm raging them apart.

Ash quickly saved Pikachu into his PokéBall and by that lost sigh of Rock and Misty. Shouting their names but as no response came he figured just to give up on it.

Still walking forward, he could barley see his own feed. His hopes were that he'd stumble upon something to hide behind, but he wasn't granted that hope.

The wind blew so hard that it nearly knocked him over. Even though he managed to withstand the blowing wind a few times, that didn't mean he was going to withstand it for long. After a few minutes of trying to get forward and trying to keep a steady pace he was knocked over. His legs weren't strong enough to hold him up against such power his mind wasn't strong enough to keep on going. He laid there knocked to the ground thinking about if this was his end and let his consciousness slip away.

-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'

When he woke up he blinked twice the sun being too bright for his eyes. He concentrated to let himself not get blended too much. When he started to regain his sight, he noticed the snow around him was moving ... or was he moving? Better even, was he BEING moved? His head shot up just to get a glance at Gary carrying him. One arm behind his back and the other in his kneecap. His cheeks quickly started to turn into a light red colour.

„G-Gary?" Ash asked in surprise. "You're awake then? Don't worry your friends found me in the save house. I went to search for you, in order to assure that they could warm up." The boy said plainly. He didn't even give Ash a glance. That made the younger boy slightly sad. He didn't know why but it really dragged him down.

"Why are you so mean?" Ash asked with tears in his eyes. He could understand that being rivals and all meant they weren't best friends anymore. The competing destroyed what meant so much to Ash. He was always someone needing a person that supported him. His mother, his friends, Pikachu ... but when none of them were around he felt lost. It was always Gary helping him, it was always Gary who made him stronger, it was Gary who made him to who he was now and now that their rivalry was a thing it started to confuse Ash, he lost what he needed. Just being around Gary in this moment didn't help to cure his confusion.

As Ash asked Gary that question, he stopped in his steps. "I didn't mean to hurt you." He said with regret in his voices. His eyes drawing towards Ash's. Quickly turning his head away again, when Gary felt what hurting Ash did to him. Ignoring his emotions, he went onwards.

Slightly surprised by Gary's reaction Ash decided to leave the topic, it would be the best for now. "And why are you carrying me?" he then asked, leaving a 'especially like this?' in his head unspoken. Just thinking about it made him blush again. "So first I tried waking you up but that didn't work, so I then decided to carry you. And as of for now I simply think it's the easiest way to keep you warm." He answered still focusing his gaze forward. As Gary said the last few word Ash noticed what he hadn't paid attention on. Without thinking he cuddled a little into the boy carrying him. Just feeling that made Gary's body heat up even more. He felt like this boy was doing it on purpose to get a heater even hotter.

-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'-.'

When they arrived at the Save House, Gary put Ash down in front of the door before entering and then went straight up to his room. It wasn't like he'd get a thank you for that anyway.

Misty and Brock, stormed towards Ash pulling him into a group hug as they were worried sick. When Ash looked around he didn't see a PokéCentre like interior. It looked more like a private house where someone actually lived. A big couch to the right in front of it a TV above a fireplace. To the left was a kitchen and a dinning room. And in the corridor directly in front of him were three doors. Out of one of them appeared Gary again, who held some clothes in front of Ash. "Get out of the wet stuff." He said and disappeared again.

After changing and shortly heating up they discussed how their journey would go on. Looking out of a window and practically freezing to the ground, they decided it would be best staying until the next day had arrived, maybe even until the snow had stopped.

Just as they decided on it Gary walked out of his room and into the kitchen. Having heard their decision, he said: "You know that there's only my room with a double bed, the guest room with a small bed and the couch right?" The three, now four, as Pikachu sprang out of his ball, when he noticed how warm it was around it, shortly stared at him.

"I'm getting the Guest room!" Misty decided for herself. Knowing to fight the woman would make everything worse the boys left it at that. "Ash want to sleep in my room then? After all I at least know you." Gary said, having found a way to explain why he wanted Ash with him. The other boy blushed slightly but gave a simple "Yeah" as reply.

"Okay, then it's settled" Gary said with a smirk.