Chapter 32

Cecelia pov:
"Uhh Dal what are you doing here?"
I was so confused as to why Dalvin was at my dorm room and how he knew where I was. "I came to see you, ooh hey baby." He looked around answering me while a college female student walked down Gilbert hall he winked at her calling her out." I kissed my teeth causing him to to turn his head around to me gaining his attention once again. " oh yeah that, umm De why did I come to see her?"

I looked around to see De around the corner now looking pretty embarrassed and angered he slapped the back of Dalvins head. " ouch man!" Dalvin screamed in pain. I squealed and jumped at seeing my baby surprise me this way. " baby!" I yelled. I jumped onto him and he caught me laughing.
" surprise baby." He semi yelled. I got off of him fixing my wrinkles on my clothing. " so why you here?" He stared deeply into my soul. " I could hear in your voice that you missed me." His voice echoed. " well you are right I have a-m-missed you. "

I said blushing.
" w-w-why y-you stuttering? It's just me baby." He said smirking at me. He had this affect on me that would make me fall in love with him every time I laid my eyes on him or just to hear the sound of his voice but now he was standing right here before me. " I'd hate to break y'all little love fest up but I wanna get something to eat." Dalvin stated interrupting us two love birds as some would put it. " your annoying, you know that ? You that one little brother that mom says I gotta take with me if I want to go somewhere." Devante spoke frustratedly. 

" be nice." I cooed. De had rolled his eyes at my suggestion playfully smiling.  " you want something to eat ?" I whispered to de semi hugging him from the waist down. " yea show us the way. He answered pecking my lips.

" guys this is the Pitt I work here." I explained To De and Dal.
Devante nodded his head examining the place while Dalvin walked in rubbing his belly in circular motion smelling the food that was being fried.
" hi Mr.Gaines!" I greeted my boss.

" hey Cece." He said in his country accent. " you gonna introduce me to your friends?" I looked at both de and Dal motioning them to come forward. " this is my boyfriend Devanté and his brother Dalvin." I explained. " see it was a shame , I knew this girl here had a boyfriend she's special." De shook Mr. Gaines hand while laughing awkwardly. " oh I know she is."  He replied. I distinctly heard Dalvins stomach growling. " who was that? Y'all hungry?" Mr Gaines asked.  " yes sir!" Dalvin said hurriedly. He was really tap dancing on my nerves. I know what it was like to be hungry, but he was doing the absolute most.
" well y'all just sit down ,it's on the house." 
We sat down at an empty table which was hard to find because during this time of day the Pitt is very busy. It felt like old times back in North Carolina.  Doing things like this made me remember home life.

I kneeled my head down while I saw professor Hankins approaching my way. " hey ms. Clark." " hi professor." De just sat back watching our exchange all nonchalant with his arms folded to his chest. " I told you, you can call me Tony." He said smiling. " well Tony this is my boyfriend Devante. Devante meet professor." I said hurriedly seeing that tension was rising. " ahhh so this is the lucky guy." He said acting as if he didn't know when I clearly told him I had a boyfriend.  " yeah man what's up?" Devanté said dapping him up.

" look at God saving things, I thought."
After the guy left de continued to stare at me until the plates came.  He ate his food slurping and crunching, munching just about everything. Dalvin managed to get two free plates "black people".
" thank you so much Mr.Gaines." I said grabbing my coat and Devantes hand dragging him out of the shop.
" my baby got the professors feenin' over her." Devante said chuckling. " oh that, he's like that with all the female students." I explained with my eyebrows furrowed. " yea right ,CaLl Me ToNy." Devante mocked him I guess he wasn't even buying that for a second. " you jealous?" I said caressing his face with my tiny hands while he touched my hands soothingly. " over you? All the time. " he added now kissing me passionately.

Once we stopped I remembered I had to go check on Whitley I found out recently that she had bulimia and I was very worried about her and her eating habits. " where we going?" " I gotta check if whit is okay. " I explained.
" she's grown, she will be fine." He said not understanding the situation at all. Irregardless I still checked up on her. I unlocked our room door. Opening up to another surprise finding Whitley and Dwayne making out on her bed while a bobby brown don't be cruel played. " oh my bad ." I gasped catching Dwayne and Whitley jump across from each other to the other sides of the room like they weren't just devouring each other's faces. " umm I'll go if you-" " no we were just about to leave." She spoke up looking at Dwayne and giving me a wink while walking out the room with Dwayne carelessly following behind her.

After they left Devanté shut the door locking it then pushed me on the bed
Grabbing my arms pinning me down on each sides. He sunk his teeth into his bottom lip staring down at me. " what are you doing?" Obviously I knew what he was trying to do and boy he looked good trying. He cut me off by kissing me. " stop." I said faintly.

" what's wrong?" " this." I answered he became angry he furrowed his eyebrows giving me a look that could send me to the grave. " what you mean this?"
" the sex. This. I can't do it no more we aren't married I feel so ashamed and dirty."

I explained to him. He would always go through this rant about virginity just being a social construct. And while some of that maybe true I felt like I had given up my standards. I loved him and of course I enjoyed it but I was conflicted." you don't say that when you be screaming my name." He said licking his lips with a his eyes twinkling. Oh lord. " can you listen to me it's wrong we both know it is. we were raised in the church for goodness sakes." I raised my voice at him. " so you calling me the devil?" He released a dry laugh. " no not at all I just don't wanna be the cow giving up the milk for free I wanna be I- wanna be married!" I gasped out feeling relieved that I said those things.

" De where are you?" He disappeared out of my sight. " look if your mad about what I said I'm sorry but I-" "Cecelia , I love you and I wanna- "
" omg De what you doing what you doing?" I turned around and Devante was on one knee. " shh I wanna spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me and be Mrs. Degrate so we can be great together? I was stunned that he even thought about marrying me I didn't know what to say.

Update // this is the last chapter until the next weekend cause I start school Monday it's my senior year!! ✨