Chapter thirty eight: Who could have done this?

When I woke up the next morning, the guys were all gone. Including Jude and Will. I took the chance and told my mom I was going out with Rhiannon. Little did she know I was on my way to Rhode Island. She actually said she liked my hair and didn't flip out. It was weird.

It took about two hours to get to the shop and the entire time, I spent preparing myself for what I was going to say.

My phone began ringing with an unknown number and I leaned over and pressed answer. I put my phone on speaker and placed it on my lap.

"Orange." I stated while I shoved a french fry into my mouth.

"Where are you?" Asher's voice rang through my ears. "Jude and Will are here, they gave me your number. Apparently you're at Blake's house with Rhiannon but Rhiannon is here and you're not."

Damn it.

"I'm in my car." I answered vaguely.

He snorted, "Where ya going?"

"To get food." I said and sipped on my soda.

"When are you going to be back at your house? I want to see you." He said sheepishly which made me grin. "I mean obviously if your family's home I can't come in but we can meet somewhere."

"Yeah, definitely." I said nodding even though he couldn't see me.

"When do you think you'll be done? Half hour?"

I bit my lip, "Um...I probably won't be back till tonight."

"It doesn't take that long to get food..." he said awkwardly.

"No I know I just- I'm really hungry..." I said and mentally cursed myself for my stupidity, "And I need to finish this song so.."

"Okay...." he said slowly, "I'll call you later. Bye,"

"Bye." I said and hung up the call. I quickly added him as a contact before I drove off again.

About an hour later, I finally pulled up at the auto shop. I parked and climbed out of the car then walked over to the open garage. I didn't even ask anyone where he is. I knew instantly.

I walked over and sat on the side of the car, waiting for him to notice me. But like always, his eyes were focused on the job in front of him.

"Yo Chris." A guy said and nudged him.

"What?" He barked out in annoyance. The guy motioned for him to turn around. He sighed, put his tools down then turned around and looked ready to yell but froze when he saw me.

A smirk made its way to my face, "My, my, Christian. You've finally grown a pair of balls." I teased and the other guys in the shop seemed to freeze at my words.

"Babydoll." The nickname escaped his lips and I stiffened. "W-what are you doing here?"

"You know, I thought you'd be out of yoon's and into your own shop, like you've always dreamed of." I stated jumping off the car; landing on my two feet.

"Close up the shop. I'm leaving for the day." He ordered the men and they nodded. We walked out into the streets where it was pouring, but we were safe from the rain due to the little hooded sign above Yoon's.

"I saw you on the news." He stated and lit a cigarette. He took a drag then offered it to me. I inhaled the smoke then passed it back. "I was worried sick. I'm glad you're okay. Did they catch the bastard who did it?"

I nodded shakily. "I have to testify in court in two weeks. They say I have Stockholm."

"Well, do you?" He asked passing me back the cigarette.

I took a drag before I spoke, "I don't have feelings for my kidnapper. It's more of a 'I'd be crying myself to sleep if he died or got hurt' scenario."

"I'm sorry you had to go through all that, again." He said looking uneasy.

"It was different this time. My foster dad, I just felt like my only self worth had been taken away. With him I just- He broke me. He just got to my head and there were times I was just begging him to kill me." I stated and let the toxic smoke filled my lungs.

"And with me?" His voice broke.

I sighed, "I forgive you, Christian."

"But do you actually? What I did was fucking horrible." He stated firmly.

I nodded, "I do. And I know. But it wasn't you that might, Christian. You were drunk and high. We were drunk and high."

"It still wasn't okay." His voice cracked. This is where he dumped me and ran last time.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, just in case. "You're right. It wasn't. But I forgive you. And I came here to make sure you forgive yourself."

It took about an hour of talking but eventually, he caved in.

"So, where does everyone think you are right now?" He asked curiously as we leaned against the garage.

"They-" we were cut off by a gun shot that landed into Christians left shoulder.

I let out a scream and took out my phone instantly.

"Hello, 911 operator, what's the emergency?"

"My-my friend he was shot." I said gave her the address. I threw my phone down and pulled my jacket off, applying pressure to the wound.

"I'll be okay." He said barely conscious.

Who could have done this?