Chapter Sixteen

*Layla*

  After Ian saw my neck and everyone freaked out asking what happened and Gunner explaining that I was attacked Ian pretty much locked me in his room and had me tied to his side for three days. It was now Friday and I was back in the medical wing with Tobias as he checked the damage again.

  "You are very lucky," he said as he probed the purple black bruises. "Your vocal cords seem to be healing nicely but I would hold off on talking until the bruises are completely gone just as a precaution."

 'Thank you,' I wrote on the tablet I have been carrying around went Ian let me leave his rooms.

  "Go find Ian before he goes off the deep end," he laughed and I shrugged jumping down. "Word of advice sweetheart don't vanish on him cause he loves you more than he loves anything else."

  I smiled softly and quickly exited the medical wing and practically ran into Macy who glared at me before storming into the medical wing, shaking my head I hurried down the hall trying to get to the dining hall before Ian does.

  "SISSY!" Benny's voice yelled and I turned around to see him running towards me and wrapping his arms around my wait. "Are you okay? Dad told me you were attacked."

  'I'm okay Little B,' I wrote on the tablet and he nodded as we headed towards the open dining room doors with Benny still clinging to my side.

  "LAYLA!" Ian yelled and I silently groaned looking towards the very angry man currently stalking towards me. "Where were you?"

  'Medi wing,' I typed and quickly pulled Benny over to an empty chair sitting down.

*Ian*

  I was terrified when I woke up and Layla wasn't in bed beside me like she had been every day for the past week and I immediately pulled on some jeans and a t-shirt before bolting out of my room and rushing to the room that Thomas, Ariel, and Gunner were staying in only to find she wasn't there. Worried I rushed to the dining hall hoping she was there and I didn't see her so I was asking her father where she was when the doors opened and Layla walked in with Benjamin wrapped around her her waist. I was currently sitting beside her while Benjamin sat on her other side talking about something he did at school when Gunner stormed into the dining hall and bent down whispering something to Layla which caused her to nodded and jump up following him out of the room.

  "Gunner, what's going on?" Thomas asked.

  "Nothing," Gunner said. "I just need Layla to look at something for me."