Chapter Forty One

Nathaniel's POV

I woke up to see an all white room with a lady sobbing. When my vision I saw my mom crying in a chair beside me and my dad comforting her along with Brayden, Brooke, Parker, Mia and Austin.

"Mom?" my voice hoarse

"Oh my baby" She jumped up kissing my forehead. Suddenly I had a bad thought

"Mom where's Savannah?" my voice shook

"She's in surgery right now honey"

"What? Why? What happened to her?"

"The car hit you on her side and when she was hit it cause a lot of internal bleeding"

"When will we hear if she's okay?"

"Very soon"

The rest of my family came and hugged me then went off to get food leaving me with my mom.

"Ah Mrs Court I was hoping to find you here" we looked over to see them doctor walking in

"And Nathaniel I see you woke up"

"How's my girlfriend?"

"That's what I was coming in to talk about. Savannah is stable but from the blood lost she has slipped into a coma"

I felt as if my world came crashing down. Savannah, my Savannah was in a coma. I didn't bother wiping away my tears as they fell. "Can I see her?"

"Yeah, I'll get a nurse to get a wheelchair"

I had a broken arm and my legs were slightly weak with cuts and bruises. Definitely not as bad as what Savannah has. The nurse came in a few minutes later and wheel me to Savannah's room with my mom following close behind. As soon as I saw her my heart shattered. She lied there lifeless on the bed with cords connected all of her body.

"This is all my fault" I cried to my mom

"What? Honey don't say that! The other car ran a red light, there was nothing you could've done to prevent that"

"I could've been more aware! I should've seen it coming!"

"Nathaniel stop! Savannah would not blame you nor will she want you blaming yourself"

I nodded and looked back at Savannah I grabbed her hand that was limp in mine making my stomach drop

"Please princess I can't lose you. Not now, not ever"

"I'm sorry sir but I just need you to wheel back for a moment while I check her" A nurse said from behind me and I slowly let go of hand and my mom pulled me back and to my room where everyone already was.

"Where'd you guys go?" My dad asked

"To see Savannah" Mom answered softly

"She's awake?" Brooke asked hopefully and I felt tears gather in my eyes

"Uh no sweetheart, Savannah's in a coma"

The room fell silent with most of us in tears. Ashton, Rachel and Jack walked in and noticed our tears.

"What happened?" Ashton asked

"Savannah's in a coma"

"What?!" Rachel cried and Ashton pulled her into his arms

"She uh she lost a lot of blood and slipped into a coma" Mom said

"She was lucky when it came to bones and only broke an arm"

"What are her odds of waking up?" Jack asked

"The doctor said there was a very good chance" Mom responded and he nodded

Soon everyone left except Brayden who decided to stay around a little longer.

"I can't lose her" I said

"I know and you won't, Savannah is a strong girl. She'll wake up"

"What if she doesn't want to?"

"What do you mean?"

"What if she wants to be with her mom?"

"She'll come back Nate. She's not going to leave you, leave us. We're her family now too"

"I'm just worried" I put my head in my hands

"We all are"

I started to cry again and Brayden pulled me into a hug

"She's my true love"

"I know she is. You've never looked at anyone the way you look at her"

"If she dies than what do I have to live for? She's my life"

"But she will live. I know how you feel though, if something were to ever happen to Brooke I don't know what I'd do"

"I feel like part of me is missing and it's only been a couple hours"

"Think about it this way, you're a couple hours closer to her waking up"

"If she wakes up"

"Stop being a downer! She will wake up Nate"

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be, just have hope"

"Excuse me but visiting hours are now over, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave" A nurse came in

"Of course" Brayden got up and said goodbye

"Is there anything I can get you sir?"

"May I please say goodnight to my girlfriend?"

She thought about it for a moment and then nodded before helping me into a wheelchair and taking me back to Savannah's room.

"Only a minute okay?"

"Yeah" I brushed the hair out of Savannah's face and the nurse left so we could have a moment of privacy. I kissed her hand and reached to kiss her forehead then lightly on the lips.

"I love you forever and always. I still need you but if you have to go to be happy I won't blame you. Just please come back to me"

"Ready to go back?" the nurse came back in the room and I nodded taking one final look at Savannah. That night I didn't sleep. I was missing the warmth of my one true love beside me.