Chapter 58

When you wake up you have a sudden extreme urge to vomit.

Ugh. Stupid morning sickness. You think to yourself.

You've barely opened your eyes before you're trying to clamber out of bed. Your head is absolutely pounding and you're seeing blurry double as you try to sit up.

Oh god this is a bad day. You think.

"Woah! Woah! Easy (Y/N). Just relax. Lay back down," a familiar voice says to you just as you feel strong hands on your shoulders gently pushing you back down.

Who could that be? Bucky isn't home?

For the first time you look around and take in your surroundings, shocked to discover that you're in a hospital room and Steve is sitting at your bedside with a worried expression.

What the hell happened?

"You okay?" He asks concerned.

Oh god please don't let what happened last time have happened again, you can't loose another baby.

You look around frantically, your breath quickening with panic.

"Steve?" You gasp. "I'm going to be sick."

You were planning to ask what happened but that came out instead.

Immediately he gets up and looks around the room quickly coming back with a bucket. He gets it to you just in time for you to throw up. Sitting up, he pats your back until finally you lie back, gasping for breath and groaning because you feel like absolute shit.

"I hate being pregnant." You huff.

"Ah, it's possible that that's not the reason you're nauseous (Y/N)," Steve says wearily as he brushes the hair out of your face.

You can't help but notice how tender and sore it feels. Weird.

He then sits back down beside you and takes your hand in his, squeezing it gently.

You look at him confused as worry begins to set in all over again.

"You were in a car crash," he doesn't hesitate to explain.

Your breath hitches.

"You hit your head and got a really bad concussion," he continues.

You frown trying to think and remember but you just can't.

"Wha- how?" You mumble frantically.

"Don't freak out if you can't remember, the doctors said that that is a high probability," he says calmly.

You nod and take a few deep breaths just sitting there in shock and trying to calm yourself down.

You can't remember anything about this car crash or leading up to it and it's scary. Is this how Bucky feels? It's awful.

Then an absolutely terrifying thought crosses your mind.

You let out a gasp and clutch at your belly.

"Steve is the baby okay? And the kids?" You ask frantically.

"The kids are fine." He nods soothingly. "They weren't in the car. Just a little shaken up and worried about you. They're staying with Peggy and I. As for the baby, you received severe bruising to your abdomen but as far as the doctors can tell they are still alive and breathing, or at least you aren't showing any signs otherwise. However they did say that the force of the impact was extremely intense for you let alone a developing child so they won't know if they will be brain damaged until they are born."