Chapter 20 ~ Investigation Start!

???'s POV

"Do you have the blood?" I asked the dark cloaked entity, the grey mask over his mouth forbid him from laughing out loud, instead let he out a chuckle and pulled out the axe with your blood on it. I glanced over it before he gave it to me.

"But don't we already know her trait?" he asked, probably crossing his arms under the cloak. I sighed.

"Yes, but I just need a blood example of her for the possible outcomes of the bond." I explained while taking a bit of blood from the axe with a tool. "And if you're wondering why I'd rather have a bit of her blood instead of a part of her SOUL, that's because it's becoming risky from now on to go near her SOUL without the permission of her mates. I mean, the bond is starting to split into multiple bonds, creating multiple mates for one person. So taking a little bit of blood is easier to get, even though I have the right to take a part of her SOUL anyway." I put the blood into a test tube. I may not have been a scientist, but I knew how to get reactions from those substances. I turned back to my loyal companion. "So, we have the blood of the person reading this sentence, but we still need the blood from her mates. Tell C.M to find a way to get blood from each of the villains, but in an invisible way, so that they don't get suspicious. And by 'blood' I mean magic, of course." The cloaked man nodded and was about to walk away, but I stopped him.

"Oh, and Jerry," He didn't turn around. "Watch after Vile for a little bit while you're at it, will you? I really don't want to add him if he isn't ready yet. Her SOUL might save her from his acid, but not his insanity, or rather 'Papyrus's insanity. CM will take over your shift again." Jerry just walked away until I saw him close the office's door behind him. I took a glance at the axe with the blood. Maybe I should clean that up before handing it back to its owner. Horror probably doesn't feel very comfortable without his axe.

I smirked, "If you are wondering what I need an experiment for, well... Let's just say it's to give you some information and ideas on what your SOUL is capable of. It may not be a powerful SOUL on its own, but I have created it for my own books. If you have ever read any of my Undertale X Reader books than you may have noticed a connection, something all of them have in common. Something, most Undertale X Reader books avoid or want to 'improve' since they think it makes the whole story just come out as boring. But let me tell you, there are other readers out there who enjoy these kinds of stories, so do not avoid them too often. We enjoy that kind of gift our SOUL gives us, which is the reason behind your SOUL in this book. I have been through a lot of books now, and I have discovered and realized a lot of things, and I am not talking about grammar. But seeing as I am revealing too much, I will stop typing about yourself. For now, that is."

Author's POV

You were sniffing and wincing while the Nightmare Papyruses patched up your neck. It stung since the wound had gone a bit deep, so the two Papyruses could only clean it so it wouldn't get infected and bandage it up. the blood wouldn't stop pouring, so they gave you the recommendation to look more onto the ground, so that your wound would heal faster, they also told you that you could eat moster food or ask for someone's magic to regain HP, but you weren't sure about if you should ask someone to heal you, so you crossed that out.

After thanking the Papyruses, you stood up from the table you were sitting on and wanted to walk out, but one of the Papyruses stopped you. "Not so fast, you can't just walk out, we may not exactly treat you like it but you're still a pet and hostage to the king and his followers. Although, I'm not sure if we should put you back into your cell or nah." He looked at the other Papyrus, seeking answers or any kind of suggestion.