4.

Travis(Shiloh's best friend)

Excuse any mistakes.

Compton, LA
11:23 p.m.

"You know it's funny when it rains it pours They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor

"You know it's funny when it rains it pours They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor."

Tupac

     Walking into the apartment, Shiloh looks around the dark place. He attempts to turn on the lights, but they don't come on. His mom probably forgot to pay the light bill.

He closes the door behind him and makes sure to lock it before going to search for his mom and little sister. He smells a scented candle in the short hallway, and knocks on his mom's door.

       Instead of waiting for a reply, he opens it and sees his mom, Ayshah, smoking a cigarette while his little sister, Za'nyah, sleep on the bed. His mom's face is bruised badly and he sighs out of anger.

"Where is he?!" He yells, referring to her boyfriend of six years.

    Ayshah slowly looks up at her son, whose fists are squeezed shut tightly as he held a distasteful look on his face. She exhales, placing the cigarette in the ash tray.

"Lower your voice." She says.

       Shiloh glances at Za'nyah who is still soundly asleep. "I'm sicka him puttin' his hands on you. And I'm sicka of you allowin' it."

"How else we gon' pay the bills Truth?" She looks at him.

   Ayshah is a pretty woman, when she's not bruised up. At one point, she had so many things for herself. But, she had Shiloh at the age of sixteen and his father bailed out on her.