CHAPTER 8

Cordelia woke up from her sleep only to find herself not in the position she remembered falling sleeping in nor in the same place.

Sitting up she looked at her surroundings. It was a bedroom that had practically nothing in it other than the bed she was in, a dresser, a closest, and a desk. The room was beige, the carpet on the ground was beige, and the dresser, closet door, and desk were all mahogany. Cordelia didn't remember how she got in the room nor did she even know it existed before now.

She heard footsteps growing closer to the room and getting scared and not knowing what to do, she hid under the covers and stayed still, hoping whoever was coming wouldn't notice she was in their bed. She didn't mean to get in their bed. She didn't even realize she got up from the love seat and into the room. She thought maybe in her sleep she was trying to find a restroom but came in here by mistake and just didn't realize it.

"What... What are you doing?" An all too familiar voice asked and she got the covers ripped off of her. She looked up and saw a half naked, wet haired, Pierce hovering over her. She bit her lip and tried not to stare at his incredibly muscular body and abs that were on display but she couldn't help herself and looked over him.

She snapped herself out of the trance and blushed. "I got confused of where I was. And I heard you coming so I thought I had intruded. But who cares, right?" She said, sounding as confident as she could. Pierce raised a brow at her and shrugged. "Well I brought you in here about 3 hours ago cos I felt bad that I left you out on the love seat last night. Thought I would be nice." Pierce shrugged and headed over to his closet to grab clothes.

Cordelia stared at Pierce, watching his back muscles contract and relax. It turned her on. But she didn't want to fall for the man in front of her. She could never bring herself to do that. There could be several people dead right now from her pack and she could never forgive someone who would kill innocent people just because they could. And that's what Pierce exactly did. He killed all of her friends, her family. He killed Anna and for all she knew, her parents and Lowell could be as good as gone.

Tears pushed out of her eyes as she brought her knees to her chest and made a light hiccup noise. She didn't want to be here. Sitting in front of a cruel monster and being completely useless and scared. She was used to stand up for herself and others but somehow she couldn't bring herself to do that.

"Are you okay?" Pierce asked her as he slipped a shirt over his head. She glared up at him. "No I'm not! You're a bastard! You killed my friends! My family! And what? You just freaking stand here not giving a care in the world that people are dead now! My best friend is dead because of you! I'll never see Anna again. You... MONSTER!" She yelled and got up from the bed and ran out of the room.

Pierce watched her run out of the room and shrugged. "Okay. Cool." He called after her and walked out of his room to his office. Pierce didn't have time for her because he had work to do. And if she wanted to scream, yell, and cry, he was going to let her do exactly that. He didn't care at the moment.

When he opened the door to his office, he saw the one person he really wished he didn't have to see. "Why do you keep showing up, Amelia? I told you I wasn't interested." He mumbled to her. Walking past the couch, where she was sitting, he sat down in the chair and started typing on the computer. "I heard there's a new girl here. Rumor has it you're having sex with the youngster and that she's your mate." Amelia said as she looked at him. "I just wanted to make sure that the bitch doesn't take you away from me." She bit her lip seductively.

Pierce paused his typing to rub his temples. "For the millionth time, Amelia. I'm not yours. I don't want to have sex with you. I'm not interested. And for the record, yea. Cordelia is my mate. But I'm not having sex with her. I don't even care for her." He said sternly and started to type again.

Amelia stalked over to him and slid into his lap. "Come on, baby. If you don't care for her." Amelia kissed the side of his neck. Which made him groan in pleasure. There was a knock on the door and it opened. Pierce glanced from around Amelia and saw Cordelia and she had a shocked look on her face. With tears streaming, she ran way. "Damn." He mumbled. "Damn."