Epilogue

"This class means the world to me. I've seen the growth in every single one of you," he made eye contact with Clarence for a brief moment, "Your shell disappeared, and you didn't let your past influence you. The people standing before me with their graduation caps and diplomas in their hands are our future. It was an honor being your principal." He gave one more smile before stepping off the stage.

"This is the conclusion of the class graduation. I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors." A teacher that the class voted to be their favorite spoke up. The class cheered as their parents cried. Clarence smiled brightly at her cheering class.

She saw Haylee pull Gavin, her new boyfriend, in for a kiss. Elijah was hugging some of his friends as Dylan kissed Noah. Noah pulled away blushing. He was still not use to the PDA even if they have been openly dating for 2 years. She saw Austin talking to Justin who was searching the crowd.

Clarence started to make her way to Justin as she saw Austin smile at her, and whisper in Justin's ear. His face snapped towards her as he gave her a nervous smile. Austin patted his shoulder before heading towards a blushing Noah.

"Justin?" She whispered as she neared towards him, "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine, but we need to talk, Clare." He gave her a smile as he took her hand, and pulled her towards the exit. Clarence felt her anxiety rise as she thought what he meant by it. She looked for her friends wanting any excuse to delay what she thought was about to happen.

"W-What do you mean?" She stuttered out, but Justin just smiled at her. As they passed their friends, they gave the two huge smiles and thumbs up. Clarence looked towards them for help, yet they just laughed.

When they made their way out of the building, Justin stopped them.

"Clare, I meet you three years ago, and I thought you were cute. You always stuttered, yet you would still sass me. Then you became my tutor, and you grew out of your stutter. You started to talk to me, to tell me your secrets, and I started to fall for you." Justin smiled at her as she tried to formulate a response, "I want you to let me finish."

"You were there for every fight between my step-dad and me. You calmed me down, and you helped me grow to like him. You were there for Charlotte for every crush and jerk. You were there for Avery when she cried to you about her mother. You were always there Clarence. I like to think I was also there for you." Justin looked at their hands as he continued.

"You were always there for Faith and me, Justin." She smiled, "I-"

"I'm not done. I want to be there for you, Clarence Rosalyn Smith. I hope to be there for the rest of our life and then some. I don't want to offer marriage, but I want to offer a promise. A promise to be there for each other." He pulled out of box with a purple stone in the middle and smaller diamonds next to it.

"It's beautiful, Justin." Clarence looked at the ring in Justin's hand in awe. Justin took the ring out of the box, and put it on her left hand.

"Beautiful ring for a beautiful girl." Justin smiled at her as she rolled her eyes.

"Such a flirt." Clarence teased as he laughed.

"Only for you." Justin pulled her in for a hug as people started to rush out of the building.

"I am assuming she liked the ring." Noah spoke out as Dylan rolled his eyes.

"I think we all already knew she would. I mean Faith and Justin went all around looking for the best one." Dylan replied to his smiling boyfriend.

"Guys, shut up! You are ruining the moment." Haylee spoke out as Clarence laughed.

"I believe it already was ruined." Gavin laughed as the two pulled away.

"Just a bit." Justin smiled as he held Clarence's hand.

"We should find our family, Justin." Clarence spoke out as she looked at Justin.

"Yeah, we'll met you at Austin's later." Justin called to the group as they walked away. Clarence smiled as she felt the ring on her finger.

"I love you, Justin." Clarence leaned her head against his shoulder as they walked.

"I would hope so. That was an expensive ring." He smiled down at her.

"You're such a dork." She laughed as he pretended to be offended.

"Would a dork go to college to be an English teacher?" Justin smiled until he realized what he said.

"Point proven. I can't believe you are going to be an English teacher. You use to be terrible" Clarence pointed out as they walked.

"I had a good tutor, and I think she helped me love the English language."

"I should meet this tutor. She sounds wonderful." Clarence lightly laughed.

"She's better than wonderful," Justin wrapped his arm around Clarence, "She is the perfect tutor."

Have a lovely day, and if you are feeling generous, please leave a vote/comment.